Author Topic: Two questions about Incite Emotion  (Read 1331 times)

Offline Klaus

• Lurker
    • View Profile
Two questions about Incite Emotion
« on: January 31, 2011, 04:39:29 PM »
Hi guys! While playing Maurizio Della Sposa, my White Court Vampire, some doubts arose into my mind:

1) Am I right in thinking that there is no "touch attack" roll to use Emotional Touch, the same way you don't roll twice to make an ordinary maneuver or attack?
2) Having the Lasting Emotion upgrade, do I get the +2 bonus of Emotional Touch to attacks as well, or is it substituted by the +2 stress bonus instead?

Thanks for your kindness in answering these questions. :-)

Offline bibliophile20

• Conversationalist
  • Mmmm.... BBQ.
    • View Profile
    • Gaming Group Wiki: UR-Talarius
Re: Two questions about Incite Emotion
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2011, 04:52:04 PM »
1) Correct; unless they're wearing full head to toe body armor, there's a spot to get skin to skin contact and use the power.
2) The bonus does not apply to attacks, no.  It does, however, make those attacks more potent if they "connect", making the +2 Stress a Mental Weapon:2. 
Tips for the Evil Henchman:
#12. If the seemingly helpless person you have just cornered is confident and unafraid despite being outnumbered and surrounded, you have encountered a Hero in disguise. Run while you still can.

DFRPG Resources Wiki

Offline devonapple

• Posty McPostington
  • Parkour to YOU!
    • View Profile
    • LiveJournal Account
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2011, 05:09:59 PM »
1) Correct; unless they're wearing full head to toe body armor, there's a spot to get skin to skin contact and use the power.

Is even skin-to-skin contact absolutely required? I've been unsure whether to rule it as whether you needed to be

a) close enough to touch them (but didn't have to overtly do so)
b) actually touch them
c) not only touch them, but get their skin

I feel that clothing wouldn't be much of a barrier, though full body armor sounds pretty formidable.
"Like a voice, like a crack, like a whispering shriek
That echoes on like it’s carpet-bombing feverish white jungles of thought
That I’m positive are not even mine"

Blackout, The Darkest of the Hillside Thickets

Offline MijRai

• Posty McPostington
  • "For my next trick, anvils."
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2011, 05:15:26 PM »
I'd say yes, they have to actually touch (which allows a character to defend with Fists or Weapons or Athletics to avoid being touched in the first place, if they desire). I would also say what they touch does make a difference. The person would have to feel it somehow to take effect, in my opinion. Touching someone's shoulder pauldron wouldn't be able to do much compared to touching their face or a less armored part of the body where the sensation of being touched would get through.
Don't make me drop a turkey on you...

DV MijRai v1.2 YR 1 FR 1 BK+++ JB+ TH++ !WG CL SW BC+ RP++++ MC+++ SHMolly++;Murphy+

Offline MyNinjaH8sU

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2011, 04:56:01 PM »
Though that's also why so many of the White Court have the ability to Incite at Range. Goodbye, protective gear!