Author Topic: Grendel - Suggestions & Advice Please  (Read 3946 times)

Offline My Dark Sunshine

• Participant
    • View Profile
Re: Grendel - Suggestions & Advice Please
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2011, 08:11:14 PM »
Ah, that makes sense. Cheers for the explanation. Glad you liked the ideas. The Kain reference was in my opening post, albeit briefly; although in all honesty, I cannot remember from where I gleamed that piece of information. So it could be from one of the other representations and not the original. Either way, it seems to work.

Of course, as this fine creatures creator I shall have to let you know the horrors it is capable of. Admittedly it won't spring up in the campaign for a while yet, I'll have to run some mock scenario's though just to get a feel for it. These would be without my players of course, I'd hate to tarnish the surprise. I'll let you know how it fairs when I have found the time to do so.

Thanks again.

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2011, 09:21:16 PM »
Huh. I have no idea how I missed that.

By the way, if you're running a combat against yourself and recording the results, you may want to make a thread with the play-by-play. Something like the Sample Combat thread on the resources board. It would be appreciated, but don't think of it as an obligation.

Offline vultur

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2011, 02:32:41 AM »
Ah, that makes sense. Cheers for the explanation. Glad you liked the ideas. The Kain reference was in my opening post, albeit briefly; although in all honesty, I cannot remember from where I gleamed that piece of information. So it could be from one of the other representations and not the original. Either way, it seems to work.

It's in the original, yes.

Offline mithrandirthewhite

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2011, 02:56:51 AM »
About Grendal being a descendant of Cain, I think that was added in the Christanized versions of the Saga, since in the version I found, they pray to God, not Odin, which I find very odd.  Grendal is more likly a Jotan (ice giant), or a scion of one.
That is the only pair of coppers I have to add
WHAT CAN THE HARVEST HOPE FOR, IF NOT FOR THE CARE OF THE REAPER MAN?

Offline vultur

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2011, 07:44:13 AM »
About Grendal being a descendant of Cain, I think that was added in the Christanized versions of the Saga, since in the version I found, they pray to God, not Odin, which I find very odd.  Grendal is more likly a Jotan (ice giant), or a scion of one.
That is the only pair of coppers I have to add

Offline Drachasor

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2011, 07:58:04 AM »
(click to show/hide)

Offline mithrandirthewhite

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2011, 05:36:46 PM »
So all of my various references to the Ragnorok on this Forum may hold some water...Interesting
WHAT CAN THE HARVEST HOPE FOR, IF NOT FOR THE CARE OF THE REAPER MAN?