Author Topic: Dresdenverse San Antonio  (Read 1863 times)

Offline Morfedel

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Dresdenverse San Antonio
« on: January 22, 2011, 04:56:19 AM »
So, I'm starting up an online game of the DFRPG, and we are setting it in San Antonio. While working on it, I noted that there is a heavy catholic influence in the area, and someone said, in jest, "Hey, maybe one of the city's threats could be that the White Court actually is in charge of the Catholics, and that's why we've had so many priest / sexually abused boys scandals!"

Well, it was intended as a joke, but it became a serious, and creepy, discussion, that lead to one of the Threats we defined for the city. The White Court has essentially corrupted / infiltrated / taken over the catholic church influences here in San Antonio. Specifically, specifically house Raith, and a hidden sex community behind the doors of the catholic church.

The group got more creeped out as we discussed it. And they loved it too, heh!

We also speculate that the other households might have some input here too, but, nah, the creepiness of house raith in the shadows, pulling the strings of the catholic church locally, is too much fun. Then I went and started extrapolatig WHY they would be doing this, you know, since the WCVs so much like to be the puppetmasters, with their long term goals hidden behind smoke and mirrors, so what might they really be trying to accomplish....

Oh, the fun I had with that! The group came up with the "What" answer. I am keeping to myself the "why" answer, BWAHAHAA!!!  :)

Offline BumblingBear

• Posty McPostington
  • Rawr.
    • View Profile
Re: Dresdenverse San Antonio
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2011, 07:49:55 AM »
So, I'm starting up an online game of the DFRPG, and we are setting it in San Antonio. While working on it, I noted that there is a heavy catholic influence in the area, and someone said, in jest, "Hey, maybe one of the city's threats could be that the White Court actually is in charge of the Catholics, and that's why we've had so many priest / sexually abused boys scandals!"

Well, it was intended as a joke, but it became a serious, and creepy, discussion, that lead to one of the Threats we defined for the city. The White Court has essentially corrupted / infiltrated / taken over the catholic church influences here in San Antonio. Specifically, specifically house Raith, and a hidden sex community behind the doors of the catholic church.

The group got more creeped out as we discussed it. And they loved it too, heh!

We also speculate that the other households might have some input here too, but, nah, the creepiness of house raith in the shadows, pulling the strings of the catholic church locally, is too much fun. Then I went and started extrapolatig WHY they would be doing this, you know, since the WCVs so much like to be the puppetmasters, with their long term goals hidden behind smoke and mirrors, so what might they really be trying to accomplish....

Oh, the fun I had with that! The group came up with the "What" answer. I am keeping to myself the "why" answer, BWAHAHAA!!!  :)

Are you still recruiting?  I'd like to get an online game going on too.
Myself: If I were in her(Murphy's) position, I would have studied my ass off on the supernatural and rigged up special weapons to deal with them.  Murphy on the other hand just plans to overpower bad guys with the angst of her short woman's syndrome and blame all resulting failures on Harry.

Offline Smith

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2011, 09:19:41 AM »
Is the game going to be Play by Post, Chat or Skype (voice)?
Because I could be interested as well, provided there were still openings available.

Offline Morfedel

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2011, 10:09:15 PM »
It's using http://infrno.net, but I don't have any openings... yet. I may end up with one opening possibly, as one player hasn't been all that responsive.

But as of this moment, no openings I fear.

Offline Smith

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2011, 03:30:29 AM »
Fair enough... just keep us posted.  ^_^

Offline Morfedel

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2011, 03:41:09 AM »
Will do, and thanks for the interest!

Offline Morfedel

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2011, 06:13:04 PM »
Ah, well, one of my players dropped. Sadly, I also had a couple applicants for the game from before I ever made this post here, so I'll need to parse out who I need to invite.

Are you two already members on the infrno.net boards? If so, friend me: James Beggs is my name there :)

Offline Smith

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2011, 07:47:41 AM »
Signed up. Sent you a friend request. Curious site, I'm going to explore it more tomorrow.