Author Topic: Non-DF vampires in a DF world  (Read 2176 times)

Offline eldrwyrm

• Participant
    • View Profile
Non-DF vampires in a DF world
« on: January 01, 2011, 05:25:50 AM »
So, I am toying with the idea of importing another series into the DF game.  In particular, Kitty the Werewolf.  Kitty and her pack are no problem, the issue I'm running into is the vampires.  My initial thought is to just treat them all as Red Courts.  Thoughts, ideas?

Offline Richard_Chilton

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Non-DF vampires in a DF world
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2011, 06:05:11 AM »
Black Court ones might be a better crossover.  Then again, it's a while since I read Kitty.

Richard

Offline MijRai

• Posty McPostington
  • "For my next trick, anvils."
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2011, 06:40:12 AM »
From what I remember of Word of Jim, there are a total of 7 Vampire Courts: Whites, Reds, Blacks, Jades, and an unnamed 3. You could easily make that kind of vampire into a Blue or Gray or Brown Court or somesuch.
Don't make me drop a turkey on you...

DV MijRai v1.2 YR 1 FR 1 BK+++ JB+ TH++ !WG CL SW BC+ RP++++ MC+++ SHMolly++;Murphy+

Offline deathwombat

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2011, 12:28:54 PM »
Where were the unnamed 3 mentioned?
Bad typists untie!!!!

Offline MijRai

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2011, 06:41:36 PM »
I'm not exactly sure, but I remember it from somewhere. Besides, 7 just seems like a better number then 4. More torture for Harry, more interesting baddies to fight, and 7 is a sorta magicky number.

DV MijRai v1.2 YR 1 FR 1 BK+++ JB+ TH++ !WG CL SW BC+ RP++++ MC+++ SHMolly++;Murphy+

Praeceps

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2011, 11:47:51 PM »
From what I remember of Word of Jim, there are a total of 7 Vampire Courts: Whites, Reds, Blacks, Jades, and an unnamed 3. You could easily make that kind of vampire into a Blue or Gray or Brown Court or somesuch.
That was most definitely not said by Mr. Butcher and goes against several things we know he has said. That is simply a fan theory. You can find a compilation of all of the Words of Jim in the spoiler section.

Offline MijRai

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2011, 12:40:23 AM »
Where has what I said gone against what he said? I've looked through Serack's WoJ compilation. It is great, but by no means complete.

Praeceps

« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2011, 11:52:18 AM »
Where has what I said gone against what he said? I've looked through Serack's WoJ compilation. It is great, but by no means complete.
Did you read the vampire section? If so read it again. If you can't see how Jim discussing how he made only three vampire courts (with the Jade adamantly not being involved) goes against your fan rumors then you need glasses.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2011, 12:21:06 PM by Bastian »

Offline Chiroptera

• Needs A Life
  • Serious battitude
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2011, 02:41:40 PM »
http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,15927.msg743165.html#msg743165

Jim apparently made the statement about seven Courts at ConDFW.
"I don't have a lot of experience with vampires, but I have hunted werewolves. I shot one once.  But by the time I got to it, it had turned back into my neighbors dog." -Dwight Schrute

"And remember, if you are bitten by a bat, you will convulse and turn into one; it is a scientific fact." -MST3K

Offline admiralducksauce

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2011, 03:01:57 PM »
So, I am toying with the idea of importing another series into the DF game.  In particular, Kitty the Werewolf.  Kitty and her pack are no problem, the issue I'm running into is the vampires.  My initial thought is to just treat them all as Red Courts.  Thoughts, ideas?

I am not familiar with this particular type of vampire, but it probably doesn't matter.  You have some kind of vampire that you want in your game.  Do you want to replace one of the existing Courts with this type of vamp?  Like, say the Red Court are all Kitty-vamps and leave it at that?  Do you want them alongside the existing 3 Dresden Courts?  If they're not organized, if they're just roving bands of vamps like Lost Boys or the Supernatural vamps, then I would say stick them in the game and have at it.  No need to codify them.  If they are organized, then yeah, you probably want some sort of recognition factor for them, some faction name at least.

Praeceps

« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2011, 03:04:50 PM »
Ah, well sorry for doubting you, MijRai. Your info just seemed extraordinary, was unsourced, and seemed to go against WoJ but I guess it didn't. Thank you, Chiroptera.

Offline hank the ancient

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2011, 07:05:03 AM »
somebody was on here a while ago trying to do a sunnydale- buffyverse mashup type game. I believe they determined the court by the individual characters.