Author Topic: Supernatural power needs critique: Faith Healing  (Read 1840 times)

Offline HobbitGuy1420

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Supernatural power needs critique: Faith Healing
« on: December 07, 2010, 06:27:44 AM »
Faith Healing [-2]
Musts: You must have taken the Guide My Hand and Righteousness powers in order to take this ability.
You may use your Conviction skill to declare justification for your own or another character’s recovery from moderate or severe consequences of any type, even without access to proper facilities, given time to pray and (for another character) lay hands upon the character in question. In addition, you may spend a Fate Point to allow another character to heal from a Consequence as though it were one level lower in severity. So, the subject would recover from moderate consequences as though they were mild, etc. Consequences reduced below mild are always removed by the beginning of a subsequent scene.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2010, 04:35:41 AM by HobbitGuy1420 »

Offline Raiden333

• Participant
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural power needs critique: Faith Healing
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2010, 08:29:11 AM »
My first impression is that this sounds like sponsored magic and would therefore have a debt track involved.

Offline crusher_bob

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2010, 01:13:48 PM »
Sounds about right.  You could get ritual (Healing) for 2 refresh and more or less do the same thing; though you'd need to have a high discipline for the control rolls you need.

Offline HobbitGuy1420

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2010, 03:16:23 PM »
Debt tracks only come into play (if I understand it right) if you want to allow the player to invoke aspects without spending FPs.  I don't, really - I want the power to have a tangible cost when used, to keep it from being a "let's clear out everyone's consequences after every battle"

Tbora

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2010, 11:16:55 PM »
Debt tracks only come into play (if I understand it right) if you want to allow the player to invoke aspects without spending FPs.  I don't, really - I want the power to have a tangible cost when used, to keep it from being a "let's clear out everyone's consequences after every battle"

You got it in one, this is just a standard true faith looks to me.

Offline sinker

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2010, 12:20:01 AM »
Seems to me that it does exactly what you want it to do and I can't see any problems. Sounds good.

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2010, 09:15:00 PM »
Could you add this to the custom power thread, please?