Author Topic: The Mating Habits of Dragons in the Dresdenverse  (Read 5215 times)

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
Re: The Mating Habits of Dragons in the Dresdenverse
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2010, 12:16:46 AM »
Wizards are like Batman. They can defeat anything with enough prep time.

The odd thing is that the rules actually support that. Long-term thaumaturgy is extremely powerful.

Offline ralexs1991

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2010, 12:36:59 AM »
Wizards are like Batman. They can defeat anything with enough prep time.

The odd thing is that the rules actually support that. Long-term thaumaturgy is extremely powerful.

epic win on the Batman reference also thats how I see Wizards too as only being limited by resources and imagination
Oh, hi, Mr. Warden!  How are you this fine day?  My, what a shiny sword you have there...

Offline Drashna

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2010, 08:17:28 AM »
Yeah, Jim/Harry state all the time, that wizards can do about anything. The Catch being enough time and preparation to pull it off.  And many times states that a wizard caught off guard is no better off than a vanilla mortal. Yeah, a senior council member could be shanked by a mortal if (s)he's caught off guard.
[qoute='piotr1600']Sure true love will conquer all... You sponsored an instant vision of a tentacled Cthuluoid monstrosity following Elaine around, meeping piteously and making puppy dog eyes at her while she sighs loudly and gently kisses those tentacles...[/qoute]

Offline Kaldra

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2010, 08:26:47 AM »
*cough* mating habits of dragons *cough* off topic *cough* i think a half D-dragon human would be hilarious to play. compel on your high aspect, why is every one in the room walk out when ever i come to one of these supernatural meetings? i mean dad only showed up once...

Offline ralexs1991

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2010, 01:45:00 AM »
*cough* mating habits of dragons *cough* off topic *cough* i think a half D-dragon human would be hilarious to play. compel on your high aspect, why is every one in the room walk out when ever i come to one of these supernatural meetings? i mean dad only showed up once...

haha know imagine if the PC was a high school aged girl "before you meet my dad you should know he can be hot tempered... literally"
Oh, hi, Mr. Warden!  How are you this fine day?  My, what a shiny sword you have there...

Offline Kaldra

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2010, 01:58:27 AM »
"don worry hun, i have met my fair share of fathers" "you might not want to mention that to him, it might not fly like you would"

Offline ralexs1991

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2010, 02:01:51 AM »
"oh he can't be that bad" "famous last words... literally last words"

Offline deathwombat

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2010, 03:13:26 AM »
Your dad breathes fire?
Bad typists untie!!!!

Offline tymire

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 04, 2010, 04:19:06 PM »
Also remember the power of plot.  Michael easly could have been channelling MICHAEL.....  And when that happens the heavens tremble  ;D.  Oops my mistake that would be if he was channelling Gabriel The Trumpeter not the Lord of the Hosts.

Regardless there is not much can stand up to that.....

Offline MijRai

• Posty McPostington
  • "For my next trick, anvils."
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 04, 2010, 04:33:51 PM »
I'd point out that the only character half D-Dragon we know of is Drakul. The dude who Jim said could take Mab in a fight. The one who sired a man who became a Black Court Elder. Kincaid served him for centuries. I'm not sure big D Dragons and their kin (or any of that power level) fit, unless they are young (My Son of Odin character is 17, and he'll still kick your ass) or have been weakened.
Don't make me drop a turkey on you...

DV MijRai v1.2 YR 1 FR 1 BK+++ JB+ TH++ !WG CL SW BC+ RP++++ MC+++ SHMolly++;Murphy+

Offline sinker

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 04, 2010, 09:11:24 PM »
Dragons strike me as the kind of creatures that might be very territorial. It might be one of those take care of them till they're old enough to compete with you then try to kill them/run them out of your territory. In that case they might have an interesting view towards any offspring.

Offline hank the ancient

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 22, 2010, 03:54:12 AM »
Had a thought a while back that Dragons specific interest in the mortal realm was as a nesting site, like those beaches that seaturtles return to years after they themselves hatch. I then figured that the never-never/"outside" might be the ocean.