Author Topic: Tales from the paranet  (Read 1980 times)

Offline Drazha

• Participant
    • View Profile
Tales from the paranet
« on: November 01, 2010, 07:00:36 AM »
If you were a member of the paranet, who would you be and what could you do? (pst have fun with this one  ;))

Offline Richard_Chilton

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Tales from the paranet
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2010, 11:52:47 PM »
I'd be someone who stumbled on it and thought it was a game or altered reality group.

Richard

Offline deathwombat

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2010, 12:10:07 AM »
Skeptical nerd
Bad typists untie!!!!

Offline Richard_Chilton

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2010, 12:22:08 AM »
No - if I (rather than a PC I running) stumbled over the paranet I'd assume it was game.  Heck, I might even join it, poising as someone with a minor talent and bragging about how my group dealt with those beings or that thing, but there's no way I would believe it was real.

Richard

Offline Becq

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2010, 12:58:12 AM »
I think it would be interesting to have powers like "Psychometry", "The Sight", and/or "Cassandra's Tears" along with a skill set decent enough to make good on the information those powers got me access to.  And hey, they'd be useful in day-to-day life, too.  You'd be able to track down that jerk who dinged your car in the parking lot for example (or even who took the last donut in the lunch room), and you'd probably be able to travel more confidently, knowing that if something terrible were going to happen to your flight, you'd know about it in advance...

Offline Richard_Chilton

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2010, 01:21:41 AM »
If we are talking about minor powers we would like to have, I wouldn't mind having the Cloak of Shadows.

Being able to sneak around at night...  It could be fun.

Richard

Offline Kaldra

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2010, 01:27:01 AM »
in real life i am the emotional pillow for people to talk to and rant at, i would probably have a calming power, sort of like inverse incite emotion

Offline Arcteryx

• Conversationalist
  • "I comb my hair with a hand grenade."
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2010, 02:34:01 PM »
I'd get Billy Borden's latest edit of his RPG, do demo's at cons around the country and use it as a recruiting tool. How cool would THAT be? Gaming a gamer at cons, cosplaying vampires while killing them and using an iPhone app to stay up to date on the latest Unseelie Accord loopholes from the otaku on Paranet.

On the side, you recruit the top players in Winter Entertainment's latest MMORPG, Worlds Of Wizardry into The Game.

Offline ralexs1991

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2010, 03:49:42 PM »
I think I'd want to have psychometery, that power about talking to the dead I don't have my books with me so I can't look it up at the moment but most of all I'd want the power that Abby from WN had I think the whole see a seconds into the future would be awesome no surprises for me anymore  ;D
Oh, hi, Mr. Warden!  How are you this fine day?  My, what a shiny sword you have there...