Author Topic: Eldritch Gunslinger  (Read 4116 times)

Offline Ryan_Singer

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: Eldritch Gunslinger
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2010, 10:29:39 PM »
Where can I find Even Hand? What book/collection is it in?

Amazon has it.

Offline Richard_Chilton

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2010, 01:47:49 AM »
The name of the book is Dark and Stormy Knights, and it has a series of stories about anti-heroes.  People like Marcone.  At least one is a side character from another series (I forget which, but a friend borrowed the book because of  that one).  The authors in it are:
Ilona Andrews
Jim Butcher
Shannon K. Butcher
Rachel Caine
P.N. Elrod
Deidre Knight
Vicki Petterson
Lilith Saintcrow
Carrie Vaughn

Richard

Offline mostlyawake

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2010, 09:29:36 PM »
On the refinements, doesn't the character have to "column" the skills in thaumaturgy, making a +4 crafting frequency impossible?
You'd be better off stating that the character used that refinement for focus items, and has a magic bullet loader that grants him +4 frequency.   

We have a character VERY similar to this in my game, only he skipped the "magic gun" type stunts in favor of just running as a very specialized thaumaturge (in crafting).  I think he's at +1 frequency, +1 strength in specialization, with a focus item granting +4 strength (2 refinement), and has 9 potions at x2 a day... which he keeps loaded in a variety of old-school double barrel guns.  Technically, he doesn't need the guns, but he likes em.

Offline Becq

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2010, 09:40:34 PM »
On the refinements, doesn't the character have to "column" the skills in thaumaturgy, making a +4 crafting frequency impossible?
You'd be better off stating that the character used that refinement for focus items, and has a magic bullet loader that grants him +4 frequency.
He did take the refinement as a focus: ("+4 crafting frequency focus")

Offline mostlyawake

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2010, 09:49:52 PM »
Oops, my bad, I'm used to it listed as Focus Item (+4 crafting frequency) or w/e.  So I missed the word focus, there.   Um... consider it an example for others! Yeah!