Author Topic: Creating duplicates while In Combat  (Read 3818 times)

Offline ironpoet

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: Creating duplicates while In Combat
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2010, 08:03:32 PM »
I admit that I really like the idea of adding "Duplicates" as a Scene Aspect.  But I think you're right - for the intended effect, a Block is the better approach.

Here's another question: if you are using a special illusion Block (i.e. a Block against someone's ability to perceive/target you), does the Block disappear if someone's Alertness beats it?

Mechanically, magical Blocks dissolve once they are beaten.  But since Veils are special-case blocks, I wasn't sure if they followed different rules for this as well.  (Just because an enemy locates you once, it doesn't mean that his friends can see you, and it doesn't mean that he'll be able to find you on the next exchange if you move.)

Offline sinker

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2010, 06:46:12 AM »
I love both ideas really (block and maneuver) why limit yourself to one or the other?

As a GM I'd rule that unless the situation changes once someone sees you (I.E. beats the block) they've figured out enough to keep finding you, but I don't think that means his friends know which is which.

Offline Tsunami

• Posty McPostington
  • Not delicate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2010, 09:29:55 AM »
i would run it similar to a block but make the attacker roll to see if he hit s when randomly attacking a figure  e.g. say there are two duplicates and the wizard so ai'd have the defending player pick a number on a d3 and have the attacker roll and if he got the right number he gets lucky and the attack connects (sorry if this is a little confusing)
Imho, that's really not necessary.

Basically, for the attacker, overcoming the Block with the attack roll includes picking the right target.
Block strength represents number of duplicates/detail/realism... and so on. The higher the block strength the more difficult to ascertain the right target.

No newly created mechanic required.