Author Topic: Generic NPCs  (Read 148668 times)

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
Re: Generic NPCs
« Reply #285 on: March 25, 2011, 01:48:00 AM »
Added aspects to the Barbarian.

So, why would the catch be magic? Not saying it's a bad idea, I just don't understand. Are barbarians in D&D very vulnerable to magical attack?

Offline sandchigger

• Conversationalist
  • His Holiness, the Chigg
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: March 25, 2011, 12:20:22 PM »
The barbarians of the sword and sorcery novels upon which the D&D Barbarian class is based were traditionally frightened or distrustful of magic. Think about the classic sword & sorcery novel with the big strong fighter type going up against the eeeeeeeeeeeevil wizard.

That's why it should be magic. =)
I may well be silly, but I am never moronic.

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: March 25, 2011, 04:56:21 PM »
That works, I guess. I didn't much like leaving the catch unknown.

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: March 26, 2011, 01:34:07 AM »
Ranger (Chest Deep)

High Concept: Ranger
Other Aspects: Man Of The Wilds, Hunter, Favoured Enemy
Skills:
Superb: Survival, Weapons or Bows
Great: Stealth, Alertness
Good: Endurance, Athletics
Fair: Fists, Investigation
Average: Conviction, Scholarship
Stunts:
Favoured Enemy (Weapons or Bows): Infict 2 extra stress on certain type of being.
Evasion (Athletics): +2 to dodge area attacks.
Tracker (Survival): +1 to track, tracking not modified by Investigation.
Animal Empathy (Survival): +2 to dealing with animals.
Multi-Attack (Weapons or Bows): Can make spray attacks with the appropriate ability.
Way Of The Bow (Bows): +1 stress with bows, use Craftsmanship to build and repair bows.
OR
Two-Weapon Fighting (Weapons): Add half of rating of second weapon to that of first.
Total Refresh Cost:
-4 (Pure Mortal)
Refresh Total:

Offline zaczane

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: April 17, 2011, 11:43:55 PM »
hey so i started playing dresden files about 3 months ago buts sadly we have stopped playing for now and were are thankfully going to go back to but anyway so i was looking at this thread and you did awsome with all of the NPC's i especialy like the legion demon and all the other supernatuarl heavyweights if not really close to them.  i was wondering if you could make me a couple NPC's at the deep one level. what i'd like them to be is the frost family.
hey hey hey I'm not a Bad guy!!!  i just love to watch the world F%#KING burn now is that so wrong?

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: April 18, 2011, 02:08:13 AM »
Sure, always glad to help.

But I'm afraid that I don't know what the frost family is.

Offline zaczane

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: April 18, 2011, 04:54:10 PM »
the frost family would easily be or at least a lower supernatural heavyweight. they include grandfather Glacier, King Blizzard (AKA dad), Mother Sleet, Barrakan the runaway brother who left his family to become a very powerful fire wizard or pyromancer.  then the one that usally every one knows about Narvanna    (AKA Jack Frost)  now they rule the frost kingdom which wuld be located up in greenland some were i think.  now there major weakness is fire but they have this power that allows them to be healed by there weakness or fire but its a 1 in 4 chance. thats who they are and why they are so powerful.
hey hey hey I'm not a Bad guy!!!  i just love to watch the world F%#KING burn now is that so wrong?

Offline zaczane

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: April 18, 2011, 11:41:37 PM »
hey me again i finished looking at all your other generic NPC's and i think there all great. now personally i would hate to have to put to gether that many character but then agian im not you and im also not the GM for my game my friend is.  but hey you like doing that work i give it to yah if thats ok and i really really liked the legion demoned because that gave me a couple ideas for my master piece

Offline zaczane

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: April 18, 2011, 11:45:05 PM »
well ah what the hell he's not finished yet but ill tell yah anyways. i am in the making of the 2nd most powerful supernatural heavyweight or what all my friends and i belive him to be. his name is Averax and he started as just a mortal but then was sucked into the outer gate and was imbedded with its power so simpler terms he is now the God/King of the Entire Outer Gate.

Offline Cipher

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: April 19, 2011, 01:53:51 AM »
Good job Sanctaphrax, I love all of your NPC's.  I am preparing to run a game starting in May.  (I have also bookmarked the Wiki)

Any suggestions for a Gamer/Occult book store owner?
Inspiration can be found in an accident of fate or fate by accident, what you do with it is up to you.

Offline zaczane

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: April 19, 2011, 01:57:25 AM »
a  gamer/occultist as an NPC hhmmm sounds interesting like a videogame player that owns a bookstore about the occult or just the supernatural

Samael

« Reply #296 on: April 19, 2011, 01:59:31 AM »
Gamer in the sense of pen and paper RPGs, ala DFRPG, Pathfinder, GURPS, DnD, Exalted, etc.

Offline Cipher

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: April 19, 2011, 02:02:25 AM »
Gamer in the sense of paper/pencil. 
Inspiration can be found in an accident of fate or fate by accident, what you do with it is up to you.

Offline zaczane

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: April 19, 2011, 02:08:58 AM »
oh goch-ya like us the people who play dresden files.

Offline HobbitGuy1420

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: April 19, 2011, 02:44:32 AM »
Sancta, I'm enjoying your Class cross-posts. 

Personally, I'd use Powers, as opposed to Stunts, for the Paladin's Lay On Hands and Smite Evil features.  I've seen several "holy healing" powers (including one that I created, myself) that might be appropriate for the former.  For the latter, perhaps an altered Holy Touch?