Author Topic: Miami; the Makeshift Mermaid and other Yarns  (Read 86702 times)

Offline Ren

• Seriously?
  • AKA: Renmonster The Horgymeister
    • View Profile
    • The Forbidden Dojo 3-D Art
Re: Miami; the Makeshift Mermaid and other Yarns
« Reply #435 on: February 04, 2011, 07:38:47 PM »
Wow nice! Thanks! Be glad to give them a try out!
"Brain Makes My Math Hurt" - me

"Eeyore is my Totem Animal" - me

"Pants are overrated!" - me

Offline BumblingBear

• Posty McPostington
  • Rawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: February 05, 2011, 02:24:47 AM »
I sure hope this weather clears up before Sunday.  It's looking like it's official I won't be going anywhere tomorrow.
Myself: If I were in her(Murphy's) position, I would have studied my ass off on the supernatural and rigged up special weapons to deal with them.  Murphy on the other hand just plans to overpower bad guys with the angst of her short woman's syndrome and blame all resulting failures on Harry.

Offline fantazero

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: February 05, 2011, 02:43:20 AM »
I sure hope this weather clears up before Sunday.  It's looking like it's official I won't be going anywhere tomorrow.
no range I take it. Brrr too cold, I was the only one to show up for work today, which was interesting.
I have a copy of the movie pratical magic, well really the wife does. Its terrible.
Are we doing the game at Tess's place again?
I saw some Sushi at HEB and I thought, "Perfect" lol.

Offline BumblingBear

• Posty McPostington
  • Rawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: February 05, 2011, 02:52:15 AM »
no range I take it. Brrr too cold, I was the only one to show up for work today, which was interesting.
I have a copy of the movie pratical magic, well really the wife does. Its terrible.
Are we doing the game at Tess's place again?
I saw some Sushi at HEB and I thought, "Perfect" lol.

Nah - Jason's place.  I hear there will be shrimp (at a minimum).

My inner glutton did a flip.

Ashley may not make it.  She's under the weather.
Myself: If I were in her(Murphy's) position, I would have studied my ass off on the supernatural and rigged up special weapons to deal with them.  Murphy on the other hand just plans to overpower bad guys with the angst of her short woman's syndrome and blame all resulting failures on Harry.

Offline fantazero

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: February 05, 2011, 03:00:43 AM »
Nah - Jason's place.  I hear there will be shrimp (at a minimum).

My inner glutton did a flip.

Ashley may not make it.  She's under the weather.
Did we send out an email? Am I not getting them? Can someone email me Jasons address?
I might bring wings again, because I just like wings.

Offline BumblingBear

• Posty McPostington
  • Rawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: February 05, 2011, 03:05:49 AM »
Did we send out an email? Am I not getting them? Can someone email me Jasons address?
I might bring wings again, because I just like wings.

I will copy and past the email into another email and send it to you tonight.  That way we can be sure you get it.

As for wings... mmm.

I am kind of enjoying being everyone else's food disposal for stuff they don't want to bring home. :)

Offline fantazero

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: February 05, 2011, 05:18:00 AM »
heh, Steve was talking about this last time
Muppet Meat
http://www.myspace.com/video/vid/9120989
Lol

Offline BumblingBear

• Posty McPostington
  • Rawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: February 05, 2011, 08:46:22 AM »
Just as an FYI, I'm going to work on the wiki some more tonight.  I've got to be up all night taking care of Ashley anyway so I may as well do something productive.

I sincerely hope that nobody sees me as a know-it-all the next few sessions.  I'm not trying to be smug with this stuff, I've just literally read through "Your Story" about 6 times now.

I'm beginning to hate that book.  I dream Dresden files now.  I think I had a dance off with a few red court vampires last night.

Offline fantazero

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: February 05, 2011, 02:49:31 PM »
how dare you try and understand the complex game mechanics and help relate them to a large group of people playing the game for the first time  >:(
HOW DO YOU SLEEP AT NIGHT! Oh water bed of my tears!  :'(

But seriously. I'm still getting how aspects work, fate points ect. You and Steven have complicated characters and I mean I only get like half of what you guys are saying when you talk about spell casting and such. So yeah, explain away, next time I play I was thinking being more than "Point and shoot" guy.

Also yeah, been there. Listened to the Books on tape on the way to Germany. Jet Lag, sleeping pills and German booze equal weird dreams.
If we catch you trying to start a fire by yelling Fuego, we'll have the men with butterfly nets take you away.

Offline BumblingBear

• Posty McPostington
  • Rawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: February 05, 2011, 02:58:43 PM »

But seriously. I'm still getting how aspects work, fate points ect. You and Steven have complicated characters and I mean I only get like half of what you guys are saying when you talk about spell casting and such. So yeah, explain away, next time I play I was thinking being more than "Point and shoot" guy.

I just added a page on the Sight for Steven and anyone else who may have that power in the future.

Also yeah, been there. Listened to the Books on tape on the way to Germany. Jet Lag, sleeping pills and German booze equal weird dreams.
If we catch you trying to start a fire by yelling Fuego, we'll have the men with butterfly nets take you away.

I think you won the internet today too.

Strangely enough, there has not been any violence in my Dresden dreams.  I usually have very violent, disturbing dreams, but my Dresden dreams so far have all included dancing to 80's music.  I'm choosing to interpret this to mean I am even funkier than I thought.

Offline BumblingBear

• Posty McPostington
  • Rawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: February 05, 2011, 03:41:09 PM »
On an awesome note, I am finally done with my rules pages... for now.

Having them all handy should streamline things quite a bit.

I highly suggest everyone read the pages relevant to their character.  Reading all of them may be good too.  Even if someone's character doesn't use magic, it may be good to understand how it works in case one ever has to defend against it.

Offline Funge

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: February 05, 2011, 09:33:31 PM »
It's not Dresden Files specific, but a game designer named Adam Jury compiled a very short version of the FATE rules here.  It's in the form of a two-page (!) PDF.

Offline BumblingBear

• Posty McPostington
  • Rawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: February 05, 2011, 09:53:09 PM »
It's not Dresden Files specific, but a game designer named Adam Jury compiled a very short version of the FATE rules here.  It's in the form of a two-page (!) PDF.

I checked it out.  It's nifty but not all the rules gel with DFRPG rules.

I really liked the zone explanation, though.   I think in future games, the gun people would be wise to get some space between them and the bad guys.

Our group makeup is pretty wacky.  Usually (apparently) there are tanks, really tough characters to block monsters while the evocators do their thing to maximize damage and then let fly.

We don't really have any tanks in our game.  lol 

Things may get crazy.

Offline Funge

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: February 05, 2011, 10:43:13 PM »
Ian, reading more about declarations made me realize one of my stunts is useless.  My "I Hear Vampires Taste Like Strawberries" stunt basically allows me to do something anyone can already do, e.g. make a declaration where appropriate with a successful roll on Lore.  Can I either switch that out for another stunt or get the wasted point of refresh back before the next session?

Also, you mentioned in email that as of the end of last session, we've achieved a significant milestone.  Should we apply any changes before tomorrow?

Offline BumblingBear

• Posty McPostington
  • Rawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: February 05, 2011, 11:00:23 PM »
Ian, reading more about declarations made me realize one of my stunts is useless.  My "I Hear Vampires Taste Like Strawberries" stunt basically allows me to do something anyone can already do, e.g. make a declaration where appropriate with a successful roll on Lore.  Can I either switch that out for another stunt or get the wasted point of refresh back before the next session?

Also, you mentioned in email that as of the end of last session, we've achieved a significant milestone.  Should we apply any changes before tomorrow?

Good question.

I'm not going to use my skill point so it doesn't apply to me, but I was planning on switching two skills for my minor milestone that goes with the significant one.