Author Topic: Miami; the Makeshift Mermaid and other Yarns  (Read 87786 times)

Offline Ren

• Seriously?
  • AKA: Renmonster The Horgymeister
    • View Profile
    • The Forbidden Dojo 3-D Art
Re: Gamers looking for Groups? (ATX)
« Reply #150 on: January 20, 2011, 03:11:54 PM »
Oh and Bear? if she isn't already in it you should Name the Ex-wife and list her in your 3x3x3...not that I plan to use her...right away... ;D
"Brain Makes My Math Hurt" - me

"Eeyore is my Totem Animal" - me

"Pants are overrated!" - me

Offline Ren

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: January 20, 2011, 03:26:27 PM »
At some point I need to get some manila folders and some more printer ink so I can do up some good-looking case files or at least some limited ones.
Have to ask Zegion if he has any blank Case-File forms I can use and see if we can get Tess to come up with some letterhead and logo etc...for the organizations "Solutions Unlimited". Y'all need a Face for the Organization as well. The Rabbi and the other benefactors are just the backers.

Offline Ren

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: January 20, 2011, 04:58:37 PM »
I may have mentioned this before but I can't check Gmail from work so here is a great way to reach me and I do get PM's though I may not notice the fact that I have new messages right away.

Going to change the name of this Thread here since we have now found a group...8)

Offline BumblingBear

• Posty McPostington
  • Rawr.
    • View Profile
Re: Miami Game; Blood in the Water (was LFG ATX)
« Reply #153 on: January 20, 2011, 07:34:26 PM »
Ok sounds good.

For the time being, would you like me to go with the character stats I posted in this thread a page back?  They were pretty much the same as the ones you posted but with the inclusion of my original evocation and the exclusion of most of the physical abilities and the mortal stunt.

Lastly - a general question about equipment for all the PCs - are we assuming that our PCs are professionals in their line of work and have gear accordingly?

I am working on finishing Ashley's character later today and I will probably get the relationships done for the two characters tonight as well.

By the time I roll around on Sunday, I should have everything on my end done.  I'm going to bring hardcopies of all of it too.
Myself: If I were in her(Murphy's) position, I would have studied my ass off on the supernatural and rigged up special weapons to deal with them.  Murphy on the other hand just plans to overpower bad guys with the angst of her short woman's syndrome and blame all resulting failures on Harry.

Offline Ren

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: January 20, 2011, 07:51:34 PM »
Yes that version works just fine. I wouldn't worry too much about the 1 refresh, I see a trend towards a lot of those and I expect there will be many opportunities to gain extra fate points...plenty of Aspects I can compel...8)

Offline Ren

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: January 20, 2011, 07:52:32 PM »
On another note I need to find out if anyone has a set of Poker Chips...so we can use them as Fate Points...8)

Offline fantazero

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: January 20, 2011, 07:57:18 PM »
On another note I need to find out if anyone has a set of Poker Chips...so we can use them as Fate Points...8)
I can grab some, if need be

Offline BumblingBear

• Posty McPostington
  • Rawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: January 20, 2011, 08:09:33 PM »
I can grab some, if need be

Seconded.

Myself: If I were in her(Murphy's) position, I would have studied my ass off on the supernatural and rigged up special weapons to deal with them.  Murphy on the other hand just plans to overpower bad guys with the angst of her short woman's syndrome and blame all resulting failures on Harry.

Offline fantazero

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: January 20, 2011, 08:26:00 PM »
so i'm going to be late to the game because of work, how does that work?

Offline Ren

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: January 20, 2011, 08:43:03 PM »
Chips will be cool. Its fun to have a physical representation of your Fate flying around the room...8)
I'll explain more how I intend to use Fate on gameday.

As for joining late it will be no issue, your character will be backing up the group in some capacity when you aren't here then when you show up someone will bring you up to speed, along with anyone else who shows up later, then its off to the races!

Offline fantazero

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: January 20, 2011, 10:19:57 PM »
Picked up poker chips. Also found map of florida / miami

Offline BumblingBear

• Posty McPostington
  • Rawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: January 20, 2011, 10:34:47 PM »
Chips will be cool. Its fun to have a physical representation of your Fate flying around the room...8)
I'll explain more how I intend to use Fate on gameday.

As for joining late it will be no issue, your character will be backing up the group in some capacity when you aren't here then when you show up someone will bring you up to speed, along with anyone else who shows up later, then its off to the races!

As soon as you oked my initial character concept, I bought a Maui's fishhook pendant off of Etsy from some chick in New Zealand.

:)

I plan on accessorizing all of my IOP and foci so I don't forget about them in game.

Offline zegion

• Conversationalist
  • *Taps* -Bugle Call
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: January 21, 2011, 12:55:55 AM »
Finally got everything Ren wanted for the game last night.  With the amount of stuff were sending his way I think we have gone along way to establishing Miami.

Ren, good reading man, between all of us your are going to have a small novella.
-They fought for their lives But most of them died

-The angels were crying, As they carried his brothers away. With the fire raining down And the Hell all around
There were few men left standing that day.

Big & Rich 8th of November.

Offline Ren

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: January 21, 2011, 01:24:53 AM »
Woo thats a lotta reading...reading John Ringo's "When the Devil Dance's", Tad Williams "Shadowmarch", the DFRPG Book(s) and now y'alls stuff...do I at least get a cookie for all my work?...okay so its fun work but you get the point...8)

And I've got most of the first session laid out...id I'm lucky and the RP takes longer than I planned then I may have some extra for carryover...8)
If not I'm sure I can whip up a random attack by ornery monkey's that fling coconuts (what, you WANTED flaming green poo?...sickos!).

Offline fantazero

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: January 21, 2011, 02:50:58 AM »
200 chips should be enough right? I just bought a big thing of them at Target