Author Topic: Miami; the Makeshift Mermaid and other Yarns  (Read 86758 times)

Offline Funge

• Participant
    • View Profile
Re: Miami Game; Blood in the Water (was LFG ATX)
« Reply #330 on: January 29, 2011, 11:46:28 AM »
So I think I got everything all together (though later than I would have liked, damn I'm a slacker). Z said something about his house being a "No Fun Zone" as far as sodas and food go.
So Pluckers wings sound good? I have an "in" at the restaurant so I can get a break in price (I hope)
I still have Woodchucks and Sodas sitting in my kitchen from last time.

Didn't Z say his wife would be making some food?  I think he said wings, actually.  Isn't that right?

Meanwhile, Mark, I still need Brian's starring story so I can write Marty in.

Offline BumblingBear

• Posty McPostington
  • Rawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: January 29, 2011, 12:05:37 PM »
I moved the 3x3x3 from the PC page to a wiki so anyone can edit it:  http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaign/solutions-unlimited/wikis/marty-holbrooks-3x3x3

Have at it if you like.  I learned a bit of HTML over a decade ago and have utterly forgotten it since. 

I'm not an expert by any means.  Half my day is spent glued to the computer so I figured I could save you a little trouble. :)
Myself: If I were in her(Murphy's) position, I would have studied my ass off on the supernatural and rigged up special weapons to deal with them.  Murphy on the other hand just plans to overpower bad guys with the angst of her short woman's syndrome and blame all resulting failures on Harry.

Offline fantazero

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: January 29, 2011, 02:34:54 PM »
Didn't Z say his wife would be making some food?  I think he said wings, actually.  Isn't that right?

Meanwhile, Mark, I still need Brian's starring story so I can write Marty in.

Okay, sorry, I have some stuff written on scrap paper, let me send a rough outline to you, I'm not much of a writer. Check your Pms

Offline quizboy

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: January 29, 2011, 03:56:40 PM »
So I think I got everything all together (though later than I would have liked, damn I'm a slacker). Z said something about his house being a "No Fun Zone" as far as sodas and food go.
So Pluckers wings sound good? I have an "in" at the restaurant so I can get a break in price (I hope)
I still have Woodchucks and Sodas sitting in my kitchen from last time. 

I have the soda's (pepsi and maybe half a 12pack of coke) from last time.  I'm fine with the Pluckers, and I can donate with the cost.  I guess we should have some variety of spicyness for those who like "burn your intestines" as well as the "normal" people.  :)

Z, if your wife is looking at cooking to entertain, then what can we bring?  I think we have a couple 12 packs of sodas.  Any other snacks that people prefer?

--Steven

Offline BumblingBear

• Posty McPostington
  • Rawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: January 29, 2011, 08:36:24 PM »
I have the soda's (pepsi and maybe half a 12pack of coke) from last time.  I'm fine with the Pluckers, and I can donate with the cost.  I guess we should have some variety of spicyness for those who like "burn your intestines" as well as the "normal" people.  :)

Z, if your wife is looking at cooking to entertain, then what can we bring?  I think we have a couple 12 packs of sodas.  Any other snacks that people prefer?

--Steven

Ashley keeps bugging me about what I should bring too.  I still have no clue.
Myself: If I were in her(Murphy's) position, I would have studied my ass off on the supernatural and rigged up special weapons to deal with them.  Murphy on the other hand just plans to overpower bad guys with the angst of her short woman's syndrome and blame all resulting failures on Harry.

Offline zegion

• Conversationalist
  • *Taps* -Bugle Call
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: January 29, 2011, 09:48:45 PM »
Hmmm... the day i have work is when people want to hear from me, how am i not surprised.

Yes for the most part Z's house is...how was it put...."a no fun zone." My wife and I are really into this paleo diet and trying to get our selves right (well mostly me, she has some how avoided putting on any weight since we started dating).  We do have a few sodas left, but please bring drinks and what not. Bring what ever other food yall want the more the merrier.

My wife is planning on making a stew, (its not paleo it has noodles) its kinda like a meatball sandwich stew and so freaking tasty that we have never had left overs with it AND home made biscottii.  If someone wants to take pitty on my dishwasher and the clean up after words, disposable bowls would be nice.

As for coming in character........really......Jen promises not to laugh at you.....much. I on the other hand make no such promises.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2011, 10:54:59 PM by zegion »
-They fought for their lives But most of them died

-The angels were crying, As they carried his brothers away. With the fire raining down And the Hell all around
There were few men left standing that day.

Big & Rich 8th of November.

Offline Ren

• Seriously?
  • AKA: Renmonster The Horgymeister
    • View Profile
    • The Forbidden Dojo 3-D Art
« Reply #336 on: January 29, 2011, 10:39:59 PM »
The 3x3x3 can be anyone you make up or people out of the known list.
That being said please try to avoid things like the KING of the Merfolk (No one in the party has ever met him) or others of that power-level.
"Brain Makes My Math Hurt" - me

"Eeyore is my Totem Animal" - me

"Pants are overrated!" - me

Offline BumblingBear

• Posty McPostington
  • Rawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: January 30, 2011, 12:15:52 AM »
The 3x3x3 can be anyone you make up or people out of the known list.
That being said please try to avoid things like the KING of the Merfolk (No one in the party has ever met him) or others of that power-level.

Yeah I tried to keep most if not all of my 3x3x3 vanilla mortals.  It didn't make any sense for the power level we're at or for my character's back history to be hanging out with Harry Effing Dresden or the Erlking.

That said, I think I need to add at least a wizard or two into my contacts or friends since Ethan had to learn evocation from them...

Offline fantazero

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: January 30, 2011, 01:44:02 AM »
So my friend who is named after my character designed these logos for Solutions Unlimited

or

Offline BumblingBear

• Posty McPostington
  • Rawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: January 30, 2011, 01:58:23 AM »
They both remind me of the Wheel of Time for some reason.

Offline fantazero

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: January 30, 2011, 02:05:53 AM »
They both remind me of the Wheel of Time for some reason.

infinite logo and a sword, yeah I can see it too. I dont think Brian ever read those books, but he worked at a Borders, so it could have rubbed off on him

Offline BumblingBear

• Posty McPostington
  • Rawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: January 30, 2011, 02:41:52 AM »
infinite logo and a sword, yeah I can see it too. I dont think Brian ever read those books, but he worked at a Borders, so it could have rubbed off on him

The snake eating its tail is a sign of infinity too - the Aes Sedai wear rings like that.

Offline fantazero

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: January 30, 2011, 03:17:26 AM »
and then he sent me these

Offline BumblingBear

• Posty McPostington
  • Rawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: January 30, 2011, 03:24:36 AM »
I like the middle one best of that batch.

Offline fantazero

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: January 30, 2011, 03:29:12 AM »
I like the middle one best of that batch.
I got a 5.11 catalog in the mail and was like, we need a patch lol
So I asked him about it.
Anyone else got some ideas? MS Paint is acceptable.

they can basically do something like this