Author Topic: Miami; the Makeshift Mermaid and other Yarns  (Read 80916 times)

Offline Ren

• Seriously?
  • AKA: Renmonster The Horgymeister
    • View Profile
    • The Forbidden Dojo 3-D Art
Re: Gamers looking for Groups? (ATX)
« Reply #120 on: January 18, 2011, 02:08:59 PM »
Well like any good GM there are a few Themes I have left hidden for the time being...they only know SOME of the potential problems facing them...8)
"Brain Makes My Math Hurt" - me

"Eeyore is my Totem Animal" - me

"Pants are overrated!" - me

Offline Ren

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: January 18, 2011, 04:30:46 PM »
I just had a fun idea. Since there are a fair bunch of folks in the group who are gun buffs and owners it might be cool to have a group outing to the Gun Range. I think it would be a fun little group bonding experience...8)
I'll send out an email tonight.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2011, 04:32:18 PM by Ren »

Offline fantazero

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: January 18, 2011, 05:21:30 PM »
you can never have enough fingerprints on a gun

Offline BumblingBear

• Posty McPostington
  • Rawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: January 18, 2011, 06:36:36 PM »
I just had a fun idea. Since there are a fair bunch of folks in the group who are gun buffs and owners it might be cool to have a group outing to the Gun Range. I think it would be a fun little group bonding experience...8)
I'll send out an email tonight.

I will be game.

I am still teaking my zero on a couple of new rifles and I want to test out my new laser on my carry pistol.
Myself: If I were in her(Murphy's) position, I would have studied my ass off on the supernatural and rigged up special weapons to deal with them.  Murphy on the other hand just plans to overpower bad guys with the angst of her short woman's syndrome and blame all resulting failures on Harry.

Offline Ren

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: January 18, 2011, 07:24:35 PM »
Teaking? You're using wood on your rifles? Isn't plastic lighter?
(Yes I know you meant tWeaking...but Teaking...that's funny!)

Offline fantazero

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: January 18, 2011, 08:04:17 PM »
I will be game.

I am still teaking my zero on a couple of new rifles and I want to test out my new laser on my carry pistol.

Rifles is where I fall short, I dont own any, shot very few.
I need to zero my shotgun, but I'm thinking of scrapping the scope and getting something better, but its like anything worth a damn costs more than my shotgun  >:(. Also Eagle Peak is great for rifle and pistols, but wont let you shoot slugs from the bench rest, they have a little area for testing patterns on shotguns, and an area for  clays, and thats it

Offline BumblingBear

• Posty McPostington
  • Rawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: January 18, 2011, 08:44:59 PM »
Teaking? You're using wood on your rifles? Isn't plastic lighter?
(Yes I know you meant tWeaking...but Teaking...that's funny!)

Ha.  Ha.  :P

Rifles is where I fall short, I dont own any, shot very few.
I need to zero my shotgun, but I'm thinking of scrapping the scope and getting something better, but its like anything worth a damn costs more than my shotgun  >:(. Also Eagle Peak is great for rifle and pistols, but wont let you shoot slugs from the bench rest, they have a little area for testing patterns on shotguns, and an area for  clays, and thats it
For your shotgun I suggest a red dot.  Red dots are good to about 300 to 400 meters if you have decent eyesight, they're fast, and a shotgun doesn't have much range beyond 100 yards.  It would be perfect for you.

I suggest a Millet Red dot.  They cost about $100 and they will get the job done.  I used one on my AR before I sold it.

As for Eagle Peak, I don't like going there.  They have a fantastic setup, but they won't allow FMJ rifle rounds there.  That sucks because hollow point 5.56 rounds are friggin expensive.

As for me...

I have a few firearms but my two favorite are my XD-9 Subcompact and my MSAR E4.  The MSAR takes AR mags and I put an Israeli MARS sight on it with a visible spectrum laser.

:)
Myself: If I were in her(Murphy's) position, I would have studied my ass off on the supernatural and rigged up special weapons to deal with them.  Murphy on the other hand just plans to overpower bad guys with the angst of her short woman's syndrome and blame all resulting failures on Harry.

Offline Ren

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: January 18, 2011, 09:24:09 PM »
I've never liked the Steyr-AUG or its clones, they just look too odd. Feels like my hand could accidentally hit the barrel if it slipped.
I do like the idea of a Bull-pup weapon, it just make so much sense to me to keep the size down but retain the barrel length.

Offline BumblingBear

• Posty McPostington
  • Rawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: January 18, 2011, 11:13:33 PM »
I've never liked the Steyr-AUG or its clones, they just look too odd. Feels like my hand could accidentally hit the barrel if it slipped.
I do like the idea of a Bull-pup weapon, it just make so much sense to me to keep the size down but retain the barrel length.

Maybe if you mess with mine you will change your mind...  :)  But yes, I like bullpup weapons too.

I already have a reservation for a Kel Tec KSG when they come out.

It is a 12 gauge pump action bullpup with a 14+1 shell capacity.  It has two feed tubes that can be switched between while in operation.

Offline fantazero

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: January 19, 2011, 12:00:54 AM »
Ha.  Ha.  :P
For your shotgun I suggest a red dot.  Red dots are good to about 300 to 400 meters if you have decent eyesight, they're fast, and a shotgun doesn't have much range beyond 100 yards.  It would be perfect for you.

I suggest a Millet Red dot.  They cost about $100 and they will get the job done.  I used one on my AR before I sold it.

As for Eagle Peak, I don't like going there.  They have a fantastic setup, but they won't allow FMJ rifle rounds there.  That sucks because hollow point 5.56 rounds are friggin expensive.

As for me...

I have a few firearms but my two favorite are my XD-9 Subcompact and my MSAR E4.  The MSAR takes AR mags and I put an Israeli MARS sight on it with a visible spectrum laser.
Yeah I'm going the red dot route. Just need to find one that can handle the recoil of shooting slugs, compared to buckshot/rifle rounds, without breaking, losing zero.

I believe the FMJ rule is because they dont have a certain amount of yardage of their property per state law or insurance regulations. I dont think Reds lets you either. I mean I like Eagle Peak, because I go during the day on Mondays and there is no one there, so I can call cease fires whenever I want, take my time, and occasionally double tap (if no one is around). So I figure, just sneak in some FMJs mixed in with a HPs in a HP box.
I went with a Glock 26 1. because they werent making XD Subcompacts yet 2. I like 9mm for practice (it's cheap) 3. It's smaller than a 17 or 19 but shoots the same (For me) more or less. I wish I would have gotten a 27 and a conversion barrell so I could pratice with mostly  9mm, and carry 40 everyday

I think Z said way back when, that when he was APD he carried an S&W MP40.

Thats a neat looking shotgun, I always wonder why the double magazine tube idea was never used, probably due to some gun makers wanting their shotguns to be associated with Hunting and not Self Defense (Remington for example)

Offline BumblingBear

• Posty McPostington
  • Rawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: January 19, 2011, 12:08:39 AM »
Yeah I'm going the red dot route. Just need to find one that can handle the recoil of shooting slugs, compared to buckshot/rifle rounds, without breaking, losing zero.

Millets will work.  A cheap Simmons will too and you can get them for 30 bucks.

Simplicity in red dots go a long way towards handling recoil.

I dont think Reds lets you either.

They do but Red's is run by a bunch of dickheads so I don't go there anymore.

As for glocks, I used to have a Glock 23 and a conversion barrel to 9mm.  It was a good combo.

Offline fantazero

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: January 19, 2011, 12:20:28 AM »
Millets will work.  A cheap Simmons will too and you can get them for 30 bucks.

Simplicity in red dots go a long way towards handling recoil.

They do but Red's is run by a bunch of dickheads so I don't go there anymore.

As for glocks, I used to have a Glock 23 and a conversion barrel to 9mm.  It was a good combo.

agreed, 15 bucks an hour to sit in a hot lead filled room? I think not. Also dont need the "Gun Store" 'tude they seem to swagger around with.
The best place I've been is the Academy at 1431, Shorter guy with a mustache *Ray or Roy?* and the guy who runs that hunting classes are the two nicest guys you can find, also they have Patience out the wazoo.
That or the guys at "The Gun Store" in Cedar Park at Buttercup Creek, nice guys, just too $$$ and never the stuff I'm looking for. They did help me when I first started, by teaching me how to clean, and take down my first pistol. They do have a good range of Ammo though, some nice high end stuff.

Also your Rifle looks bad ass, btw.

I'm gonna check out Millet.

Offline fantazero

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: January 19, 2011, 03:05:05 AM »
I was thinking....disney world is in orlando not miami   ???

Offline BumblingBear

• Posty McPostington
  • Rawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: January 19, 2011, 04:02:17 AM »
I was thinking....disney world is in orlando not miami   ???

Good point.  :P

Offline zegion

• Conversationalist
  • *Taps* -Bugle Call
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: January 19, 2011, 04:41:48 AM »
I have a tendency to like "every day weapons." I know that doesn't make a whole heck of a lot of sense, but stripped down weapons are my fav. Not a singe one of my weapons has any upgrades other then a rail for a tac light for my M&P 40. The only other "upgrade" if you will are trinitum night sights. Im a firm believer its the man behind the weapon, not the weapon that makes it deadly. That said....

Really nice gunz.  I happen to be a real big fan of the styer and associated clones. A bull pup style weapon generally has less range then a carbine but most infantry engagements take place less then 200 yards, and both the M-4 (a carbine) and styre clones are awesome for room clearing.  The only thing that gets me with the styer and co. is their lack of accuracy. The weapon design and body mechanics make them a little less accurate then a "true" carbine.

As for Disney, orlando and Miami are really not that far apart.

BTW am i the only one that got excited and finished the majority of my character and background?
-They fought for their lives But most of them died

-The angels were crying, As they carried his brothers away. With the fire raining down And the Hell all around
There were few men left standing that day.

Big & Rich 8th of November.