Author Topic: [Aspects] Compels for Gun-Fu?  (Read 7968 times)

Offline Scapey

• Participant
    • View Profile
Re: [Aspects] Compels for Gun-Fu?
« Reply #30 on: July 24, 2010, 11:54:37 AM »
Aspcect for Gun-Fu, "Uses Mel Gibson's guns" ever notice how mel' charecter from the LW series never runs out of ammo ... except when he really needs just one freaking bullet?

Offline Dave Mallonee

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 24, 2010, 05:08:03 PM »
I have a gunslinging warden and one of my aspects is "...every problem looks like a nail." The compel on it is that I think every problem can be solved with gunplay. Every. Problem. It should lead to some serious problems. I also have an aspect called "always outnumbered never outgunned" which leads to me overestimating my gun skills ability to overcome strength of numbers.

I would love to have found a way to make "God is a Bullet" an aspect but I didn't think of it when I was building my character.

Offline GruffAndTumble

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 24, 2010, 07:04:25 PM »
Minor Milestones can be used to put in a freshly thought up aspect in one of the five "normal" slots. Character creation just establishes what Aspects you start with.

Offline Arcteryx

• Conversationalist
  • "I comb my hair with a hand grenade."
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 25, 2010, 04:22:52 AM »
bonus nerd lore for that quote, love that movie. but i thought korea wasn't tibet?
continues:
Remo: besides, didn't napolean die in his sleep?
Chuin: WRONG! all of them Perfect assassinations

Oh man... the books were even better. I mean, the movie was great, but the books... they kept me sane through high school :)

Offline Arcteryx

• Conversationalist
  • "I comb my hair with a hand grenade."
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 25, 2010, 04:25:48 AM »
I have a gunslinging warden and one of my aspects is "...every problem looks like a nail." The compel on it is that I think every problem can be solved with gunplay. Every. Problem. It should lead to some serious problems. I also have an aspect called "always outnumbered never outgunned" which leads to me overestimating my gun skills ability to overcome strength of numbers.

I would love to have found a way to make "God is a Bullet" an aspect but I didn't think of it when I was building my character.

Goes without saying that it really depends on the tone of the campaign... some GM's I know would go banana's (in a bad way) and others would lap it up and make you suffer to the end of time, which with an aspect like that might be not very long... its all context of the game you're in.

Good times. Good to see so many demented minds working OT on this...