Author Topic: Catch Calculation & Catch Ideas  (Read 5693 times)

Offline Barodahn

• Participant
    • View Profile
Re: Catch Calculation & Catch Ideas
« Reply #30 on: August 01, 2010, 12:28:38 AM »
So! If he has Toughness and Recovery powers as a result of holy energy, what would a good catch be?

I would actually say Holy Energy, so that others emissaries of good and whatnot can injure him....or things from people/creatures that are good. Or even just pure mortals?
« Last Edit: August 01, 2010, 01:05:08 AM by Barodahn »

Offline Barrington

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 01, 2010, 01:54:22 AM »
Holy Energy might work. I don't think making the Catch(Pure Mortals) would quite fit, though. Basically, the way I'm seeing it is that Bear has been physically transformed into something more than human by his prolonged exposure to angelic power. Have you ever read the Keys to the Kingdom series? (Spoilers for that series ahead, so proceed with caution). You know Arthur becomes more like a Denizen of the House and less human the more he uses House magic? Same thing. I think having Holy Energy be the catch would be good. It'd basically mean that the only things that could blow through the defenses given to him by God is a stronger power granted by God, which makes sense. That would, however, probably be a +0 Catch, since there aren't many people running around tossing Soulfire and the power of the True Faith.
YOU ARE SO SMALL! IS FUNNY TO ME!

Offline Holocron.Coder

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 01, 2010, 04:45:15 AM »
Thanks for the comments and ideas, guys. My DM and I decided, for simplicity's sake for our first game, to have his catch be any of the heavier elements (think atomic number 90+), which are largely artificial or radiated.
DV HolocronCoder v1.2 YR3 FR1.5 BK++ RP+++ JB++ TH+ WG+++ CL+ BC+ MC+++++ SH[Murph++ Molly+ Thomas---]