Author Topic: My Problem With This Game  (Read 1566 times)

Offline Ophidimancer

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
My Problem With This Game
« on: July 14, 2010, 02:40:49 PM »
After making my characters I'm so invested in them and what I want to see happen to them that I'm almost always tempted to say, "Screw gaming, I'll keep them all to myself and just write a novel."  Damn the Phases making character backgrounds so interesting.

Does this happen to you guys?

Offline Remy Sinclair

• Participant
  • I am the calm then I am the storm!
    • View Profile
Re: My Problem With This Game
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2010, 02:50:02 PM »
It is like using the Character Questions in a White Wolf game and yes you do get that feel. This forces people who hate to write backgrounds to actually think about their characters. I am loving it. A game the background can actually help you with the Aspects is great!

(And this is helping with making characters for my novel)

Offline Shecky

• Bartender
  • O. M. G.
  • Feh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2010, 03:00:57 PM »
What a great problem to have - a game that gets you so involved in it that you care about your characters. :) Now THAT'S a well-designed game.
Official forum rules and precepts; please read: http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,23096.0.html

Quote from: Stanton Infeld
Well, if you couldn't do that with your bulls***, Leonard, I suspect the lad's impervious.

Offline ahunting

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2010, 03:57:15 PM »
After making my characters I'm so invested in them and what I want to see happen to them that I'm almost always tempted to say, "Screw gaming, I'll keep them all to myself and just write a novel."  Damn the Phases making character backgrounds so interesting.

Does this happen to you guys?

That used to happen to me a lot, and it made it hard to make some choices. But these days I just like reaching conclusion with characters, its interesting to see where characters end up.