Author Topic: Staff of Enoch  (Read 4474 times)

Offline Deadmanwalking

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Staff of Enoch
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2010, 11:48:59 AM »
So, you'd let someone swinging a Sword of the Cross around get +1 Weapons with the throwing knives they're tossing? Because, by a literal reading of the True Strike ability, that should technically work. It's thus ingenious and defies assumptions, right?

The fact that it doesn't make even a tiny bit of logical sense is neither here nor there, right?

Offline toturi

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2010, 12:10:01 PM »
So, you'd let someone swinging a Sword of the Cross around get +1 Weapons with the throwing knives they're tossing? Because, by a literal reading of the True Strike ability, that should technically work. It's thus ingenious and defies assumptions, right?

The fact that it doesn't make even a tiny bit of logical sense is neither here nor there, right?
Yes, if it does so by its letter.

And no. It makes perfect logical sense to me.
With your laws of magic, wizards would pretty much just be helpless carebears who can only do magic tricks. - BumblingBear

Offline Scapey

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2010, 07:43:56 PM »
So, I'be been lurking and reading and catching up and until this moment felt no need to  post myself.
But now I must say,I think I'd rather be in DMW's game.
This post made via nook.

Offline Crion

• Conversationalist
  • "Don't. Mess. With. Librarians."
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2010, 07:51:13 PM »
I too have been lurking, and been biting my tongue, but I'm with Deadmanwalking here; the number crunch is really not in the spirit of the rules. Last I checked, this was FATE, not d20.

Besides that one "loop hole" (which would be refused as an attempt at crunching in my game), I still stand by my earlier comment that the item is a nice addition and a change from the combat-based items of power.
"Smilies exist because no one has bothered to make a sarcasm font." Lost_Heretic
"I don't care about whose DNA has recombined with whose. When everything goes to hell, the people who stand by you without flinching--they are your family." Harry Dresden