Author Topic: Las Vegas Game Recruitment  (Read 3887 times)

Tbora

Las Vegas Game Recruitment
« on: June 14, 2010, 09:32:37 PM »
One of the members of my Las Vegas PBP game has dropped out, so there is now an open slot that needs to be filled.Its a submerged level campaign, with the point of being over the top and epic in nature.Check the play by post sub forum and look for Las Vegas City Creation and Character CreatIon respectively for information on the game.

Tbora

Offline Archmage_Cowl

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: Las Vegas Game Recruitment
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2010, 02:31:05 AM »
i could totally get into that. I looked over the threads (but largely skimmed them lol) and it seems pretty cool. I definately like the kemmlerite character idea. Any idea what times you guys would play and such? and do you mind having something of a newbie? (I've played quite a bit before but am usually gm and have never played by post)
"I who stand in the full light of the heavens, command thee, who opens the gates to hell. Come forth Divine Lightning! This ends now! Indignation!" Jade Curtis Tales of the abyss

Tbora

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2010, 06:37:49 AM »
Cowl, welcome aboard, I don't mind having you in the least.

As for play time it depends on when everyone finishes character creation and the city is completed.

What character concepts do you have in mind?

btw thanks for the compliment I like my kemmlerite too.

Offline Archmage_Cowl

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2010, 07:04:06 PM »
my character concept was a wizardly-ish character who inherited his gift and his right eye (functions as marked by power) from his father an archmage named abraxas. Abraxas delved deep into lost and forbidden power and such, and disappeared shortly after my character was born. My character (named Lucien) wishes to figure out what happened to him and such.

Also on another note i've got the idea that lucien's power comes largely from strange entities that only he can see (i was hopping to represent alot of his magic via stunts to extend his contacts trappings) So i was hoping his stunts and powers to come out something like this (if you're okay with it)

Marked by Power (Eye of Abraxas) [-1]
Evocation [-3] (Spirit, Air, Earth)
Thaumaturgy [-3]
The Sight [-1]
Soulgaze [-0]
Wizards Constitution [-0]
My Friends Empower Me (Contacts) -1: you talk to entities of power that no one else can see and they help you with power for magic. you can use contacts as the skill to draw up power for magic.
"I who stand in the full light of the heavens, command thee, who opens the gates to hell. Come forth Divine Lightning! This ends now! Indignation!" Jade Curtis Tales of the abyss

Tbora

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2010, 07:25:43 PM »
Hate to say it but we already have 3 wizards in the group, do you have any other character ideas?

Offline John Galt

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2010, 07:32:02 PM »
Hate to say it but we already have 3 wizards in the group, do you have any other character ideas?

I've actually been thinking of changing.  I had wanted to be a shapechanger but someone said they were going to make that character then never did.  Since you plan on having a strong skinwalker presence it makes sense that someone should roll a skinwalker of their own.  I volunteer.  Three wizards and a skinwalker though is still a little unbalanced.  But I think it's more doable.

Tbora

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2010, 07:40:23 PM »
Actually a shapeshifter has been done, that said a skinwalker is still a cool idea and you're welcome to have one if you want. 

http://www.jimbutcheronline.com:80/bb/index.php/topic,18695.msg839886.html#msg839886

Offline John Galt

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2010, 08:06:26 PM »
Oh.  I missed that.  Well, it's up to Archmage Cowl.  I like how our current two characters tie together but if he really wants to play a spell caster I have no problem rolling a former skin walker.  He'd be my scion of the Monkey King idea.  He got involved with the wrong crowd (vegas skinwalkers) due to a severe gambling problem.  He'd be a man of deep mischief, not taking anyone or anything seriously, and exceptional arrogance.  He'll join up with our group to help protect him against the supernatural and mortal players he owes money (everyone in vegas).  And he'd be a true shapeshifter:

[-7] Modular Abilities
[-2] Staff of the Monkey King: [+2] Item of Power, [-4] True Shapeshifting

Up to the group.  I like both my character ideas about equally.

Offline Archmage_Cowl

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2010, 11:08:18 PM »
hmm well if you dont mind playing your shape shifter then i think i'll play my wizard-ish character. That said if you would prefer a little less magic i would be more than happy to try another type i have a few ideas i've wanted to try. Like a knowledgable book keeper who is possibly a pure mortal, or a tactician(sp?) pure mortal who knows about the supernatural and plans missions related to it.

actually writing it out the tactician idea sounds cool. lol

Tbora

« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2010, 12:14:47 AM »
Galt your thoughts?

Offline John Galt

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2010, 12:23:18 AM »
Well I'll play whatever balances the group best, after ArchmageCowl makes a final decision.  To be honest though, I don't think a pure mortal stands a chance in Tbora's campaign.  If you want run with the brilliant tactician idea I'd probably give him thaumaturgy too with some refinements so he's a badass as long as he comes prepared, which is kind of the point anyway I think. 

Tbora

« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2010, 12:54:15 AM »
Hey could you play that Scion of Ymir character you had up earlier a physical bruiser would balance the group imo?

Offline John Galt

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2010, 01:35:53 AM »
Hey could you play that Scion of Ymir character you had up earlier a physical bruiser would balance the group imo?

Oh yeah, completely forgot about him.  If that's what the group wants I'd be happy to play him.  He'd look like this, now that I've had more time to think about it.

Powers/Stunts:
[-1] Killer Blows
[+1] Human Form
[-4] superhuman strength
[-1] superhuman toughness; catch: cold
[-2] Physical Immunity; catch: not fire
[-1] Fire Fists; [+2] Item of Power, [-3] Venomous Claws

Skills:
Superb: Endurance, Might
Great: Fists, Intimidation
Good: Conviction, Resources
Fair: Scholarship, Discipline, Contacts
Average: Presence, Alertness, Investigation, Rapport, Lore
« Last Edit: June 16, 2010, 02:37:46 AM by John Galt »

Tbora

« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2010, 01:39:52 AM »
If you have physical immunity why do you need toughness?

Offline Archmage_Cowl

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2010, 01:49:18 AM »
Well I'll play whatever balances the group best, after ArchmageCowl makes a final decision.  To be honest though, I don't think a pure mortal stands a chance in Tbora's campaign.  If you want run with the brilliant tactician idea I'd probably give him thaumaturgy too with some refinements so he's a badass as long as he comes prepared, which is kind of the point anyway I think. 

Pure mortals might not be up to straight up duking it out in a supernatural fight but i planned for this guy to almost never be in direct combat (and have a trouble related to it) he would largely be a well connected guy who is a monster at declarations. Also he would probably have quite a few fate points on average. but if you guys really think i should throw in thaumaturgy i probably could.