Author Topic: Who's immune/vulnerable to Red Cout Vamp venom?  (Read 2383 times)

Offline exploding_brain

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Who's immune/vulnerable to Red Cout Vamp venom?
« on: June 12, 2010, 02:00:30 AM »
I've got potentially three different groups of Red Court Vamps or Red Court infected opposing each other, and I'm wondering about the implications of Vamp vs Vamp addictive saliva attacks.  "OK, so the entire fight has devolved into a bunch of RCVs and the PCs rolling around on the floor.  Whoever comes down off their high first wins."

Are RCVs immune to each other's venom?  I assume they have to be immune to their own personal venom.  Are other supernatural folks vulnerable to RC venom?  WCV's? Faeries? Changlings? Weres? The dead are probably immune, so no zombies or BCVs.

Offline JosephKell

• Conversationalist
  • Total Refresh Cost: +2 (Pure Mortal)
    • View Profile
Re: Who's immune/vulnerable to Red Cout Vamp venom?
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2010, 03:08:59 AM »
I would say RVC and RVI are both immune.  Otherwise they would be getting high off their own spit.
If you have to ask, it probably breaks a Law of Magic.  You're just trying to get the Doom of Damocles.

Offline Sabrel

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2010, 03:24:39 AM »
Obviously, they're immune to their own venom. I doubt there is sufficient difference between the venom of X Red and the venom of Y Red where X's immunity to his own venom wouldn't also render Y's venom generally ineffective. It's primarily a hunting tool, so I imagine it would be more geared towards prey than other Reds.

As far as other supernatural folks... It affects wizards, so the basic fact of having some form of "mojo" isn't automatic protection. All of your standard "weres" (normal were, hexen, lycanthrope, and loup) are, for all intents and purposes, normal humans when not making use of their mojo, so I would put them in the same category as wizards. Red venom would whammy them too, at least while they are in their human forms.

Whites are...tricky. They're similar to lycanthropes in the sense of being humans bound to a demon (a rage demon for lycanthropes; a hunger demon for Whites). They're not a completely different species (like Reds) or ambulatory corpses (like Blacks), and they can reproduce with normal humans. Their own powers work similar effects to Red venom, though (particularly for Whites of the Raith bent). I would call them susceptible to the venom, but maybe a bit resistant to it because they are so used to manipulating emotion themselves.

Fairies are probably a no-go. They are the entities of the Nevernever closest to mortals, but they are definitely not mortal beings. Reds feed primarily on humans. Their venom would likely be far too geared towards mortal beings to affect native beings of the Nevernever. Changelings are probably susceptible, though, being part human.

Offline blues.soldier

• Participant
    • View Profile
    • The Action Point-- Gaming from a military perspective
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2010, 05:48:21 PM »
Whites are...tricky. They're similar to lycanthropes in the sense of being humans bound to a demon (a rage demon for lycanthropes; a hunger demon for Whites). They're not a completely different species (like Reds) or ambulatory corpses (like Blacks), and they can reproduce with normal humans. Their own powers work similar effects to Red venom, though (particularly for Whites of the Raith bent). I would call them susceptible to the venom, but maybe a bit resistant to it because they are so used to manipulating emotion themselves.

Also, WCVirgins are for all intents and purposes human before they feed for the first time, so I'd say they're human-level vulnerable before they fully vamp out. Once they kill, though, they might get a resistance...but not immunity.

When you look at it, there is an inherent "checks and balances" with the courts of Vampires... which makes the latest book that much more interesting...
"What ever you do, do it for love. If you keep to that, your path will never wander so far from the light that you can never return.”--Uriel

Offline Slife

• Conversationalist
  • Fuego Maximilian‽
    • View Profile
    • VGF, Yo.  Home of the World's First Spritecomic
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2010, 05:55:41 PM »
Yeah, since the reds talked about turning Lara into one of them.
Rule one of magic:  Never, ever, under any circumstances, trust someone named "Morningstar".

Offline Ala Alba

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2010, 06:00:17 PM »
Yeah, since the reds talked about turning Lara into one of them.

Actually, those were Blampires that talked about turning Lara.

Offline Midget Ninja

• Posty McPostington
  • Face Palm
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2010, 10:08:20 PM »
Actually, those were Blampires that talked about turning Lara.
I can't decide which is better. Red Wing or White Wing.