Author Topic: Character Building Help  (Read 11488 times)

Tbora

Character Building Help
« on: June 07, 2010, 08:32:37 PM »
Okay I am trying to build a character whose the scion of a Demon Lord thats a Sorcerer.He's as a character morally grey, so he has no problem breaking the 7 LoM when he thinks it necessary.But that is as far I have gotten I not sure what sort of powers to give him, what his specialties are.Is he a necromancer, is he a more talented version of Binder, is he a master evocator, etc, etc.

So I need suggestions, are possibilities for him.Please note you can go fairly wild as I am playing a submerged game.

Offline John Galt

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: Character Building Help
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2010, 09:17:06 PM »
Isn't the seventh law summoning outsiders?  I feel like if that's his thing then he's going to be incredibly close to my PC.  I think it would be cool to have similar minded sorcerers in a party but two guys that basically use the same exact powers seems a little boring.

Personally I like the master evocator idea. 

[-3] Evocation (Fire, Earth, Air)
[-2] Refinement
[-3] Hellfire
[-1] Lawbreaker- First Law

But it's completely up to you.

Tbora

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2010, 09:29:08 PM »
I'm interested in having a necromancer, with the way were going to be treating lawbreaking it shouldn't be to much of a problem putting one together.

Offline CMEast

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2010, 09:35:24 PM »
Have a necromancer/taxidermist! He can carry a rucksack full of dead animals around and treat them like his own gruesome version of pokemon.

"Dead badger, I choose you!"

Add house wards that animate dead bears and tigers, plus some dead dinosaurs, add in some dead monkeys with wings attached and then launch your army at your opponents :P

Tbora

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2010, 09:37:56 PM »
Have a necromancer/taxidermist! He can carry a rucksack full of dead animals around and treat them like his own gruesome version of pokemon.

Add house wards that animate dead bears and tigers, plus some dead dinosaurs, add in some dead monkeys with wings attached and then launch your army at your opponents :P

Um yeah no...

Offline John Galt

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2010, 09:38:49 PM »
I'm interested in having a necromancer, with the way were going to be treating lawbreaking it shouldn't be to much of a problem putting one together.

Oh.  Well that seems pretty straight forward...

[-3] Evocation
[-3] Thaumaturgy
[-2] Kemmlerian Necromancy
[-1] Lawbreaker

You don't have a lot of leeway if you want to be a necromancer.  You have to use 8 refresh just to do it in the first place.

Offline Deadmanwalking

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2010, 09:41:18 PM »
Well, a Necromancer's actually easy enough. Just buy the Wizard package and Lawbreaker (Fifth) twice. Simple, easy, and totally worth it for a focused Necromancer.

Kemmlerian Necromancy is much more pure-evil than the regular variety, and can be acquired later if necessary.

Tbora

« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2010, 09:43:59 PM »
what would that look like though I having trouble picturing it...

Offline John Galt

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2010, 09:45:45 PM »
Well, a Necromancer's actually easy enough. Just buy the Wizard package and Lawbreaker (Fifth) twice. Simple, easy, and totally worth it for a focused Necromancer.

Kemmlerian Necromancy is much more pure-evil than the regular variety, and can be acquired later if necessary.

Yeah.  But you're limited to necromancy and psychomancy at the speed of thaumaturgy.  Which I personally think destroys the whole point of a "necromancer." 

Offline Ala Alba

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2010, 09:50:02 PM »
Yeah.  But you're limited to necromancy and psychomancy at the speed of thaumaturgy.  Which I personally think destroys the whole point of a "necromancer." 

I don't think so. After all, you don't see Grevane ever pull off necromancy at the speed of evocation in Dead Beat, and he seemed to get along fine.

It just means more prep work.

Don't forget that you'll need some way of maintaining a beat for the zombies.

Tbora

« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2010, 09:55:39 PM »
Actually we do he turns the security guard into a zombie remember?

Offline ahunting

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2010, 10:21:06 PM »

Oh my that just makes me think of Zombie Velociraptor Attack.

Offline Ala Alba

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2010, 10:28:25 PM »
Actually we do he turns the security guard into a zombie remember?

Well, no, we don't see him do it. IIRC, he only shows up with the guy as a zombie, but Harry and Butters have been in the examining room for a while, more than enough time for an experienced necromancer to pull off a thaumaturgic zombie-making.

Offline Deadmanwalking

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2010, 11:08:37 PM »

Uh...not really. Isn't the point of necromancy being able to perform effective necromancy, plus maybe having some zombie minions? I mean is the ability to raise them as an action or mind-rape people really necessary?

Offline John Galt

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2010, 12:09:53 AM »
Are ys.   That is summoning and binding.  Not necromancy.   Kemmlerites can apply their necromancy bonus to similarly themed magic.  If you wanted to be a focused undead summoner you'd take specializations and lawbreaker in summoning and binding.  Not necromancy.   And with only average power in necromancy you'd be a pretty silly necromancer.  So again... kemmlerites are the only people That are necromancers in the classical sense.