Author Topic: Character Creation Help  (Read 8529 times)

Offline Deadmanwalking

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Character Creation Help
« Reply #30 on: June 03, 2010, 01:04:05 AM »
The Sword actually doesn't quite follow the rules, but good as he is, he could have something similar, which I'll build if you like. Is he actually a Warden? If not, I'd skip the sword, he has enough offensive effects already, and having some slots left for Potions is good. Actually, what Refresh level is this character? It effects my advice quite a bit in some ways.

As for skill optimization, well, it depends on what you want to do. Who is this guy? What do you want him to be good at? Is he a soldier or a scholar, a master of seduction? Who is he?

Tbora

« Reply #31 on: June 03, 2010, 01:16:19 AM »
He is not a warden or even a real wizard, but he is closely affiliated with the council as his mentor is a Warden Commander in Europe.So I would like something similar.He is at refresh of 8, and he is an inventor/craftsman like character.Sort of like the magical equivalent of James Bond only more soldier then secret agent.

Offline Deadmanwalking

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 03, 2010, 01:23:00 AM »
Ah. Do you want him to have The Sight? That'll effect things somewhat.

Tbora

« Reply #33 on: June 03, 2010, 01:25:05 AM »
If if having it out ways not sure I dont care 1 way or another.

I trust your judgement.

Offline Deadmanwalking

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 03, 2010, 01:37:12 AM »
Okay, here's what I'd do all told:

Skills:

Superb: Lore,
Great: Craftsmanship, Discipline, 
Good: Conviction, Weapons,
Fair: Athletics, Empathy, Resources,
Average: Alertness, Endurance, Guns, Presence, Scholarship,

Powers:

Thaumaturgy [-3]
Refinement [-4]

Total: -7 Refresh

Specializations:

Thaumaturgy: Crafting (Strength +2, Frequency +1)

Items:

Armored Coat [8 shift Block or Armor: 4, 4 times per session](3 Enchanted Item Slots)
Laser Wand [Weapon 5 Attack targetted with Discipline, 4 times per session] (1 Enchanted Item Slot)
Telekinesis Bracelet [6 shift Maneuver used as Might, 3 times per session] (1 Enchanted Item Slot)
Magical Grenades [Weapon 5 Attack against an entire Zone targetted with Discipline, 2 times per session] (1 Enchanted Item Slot)
Veil Ring [5 shift Veil (no penalty to see out), 4 times per session] (2 Enchanted Item Slots)
Sleep Dust [Weapon 8 Attack targetted with Discipline, 2 times per session] (2 Enchanted Item Slots)] (2 Enchanted Item Slots)
Warden's Sword [Weapon 6 Attack with Weapons, 3 times per session. 6 shift Counterspell, 3 times per session.] (2 Enchanted Item Slots)

4 potion Slots.

Tbora

« Reply #35 on: June 03, 2010, 01:43:00 AM »
Cool btw I thought I would be completely out of item slots for potions...

Offline Deadmanwalking

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 03, 2010, 01:50:31 AM »
I tacked on another level of Refinement just for more of those.

Tbora

« Reply #37 on: June 03, 2010, 01:54:32 AM »
KK, and one last quick thing, would I be better off with a shield bracelet instead of a wardens sword and are there any really obvious exploitable gaps in my character you can spot that need to be filled?

Offline Deadmanwalking

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 03, 2010, 02:01:47 AM »
As for the first, you already have a Defensive Item, and they can't stack, so no, you're good as is. The only change I might make is dropping two levels of refinement and your Potion Slots (though none of your Items) for Channeling, if you wanted a lower-key but more all-encompassing backup option.

As for the second, you'll need to use the aforementioned Defensive Item quite a lot, and he's no great shakes in Social Conflict. Aside from that, you're good.

Tbora

« Reply #39 on: June 03, 2010, 02:10:25 AM »
Thanks for help much appreciated, and would you consider channeling a better option?

Offline Deadmanwalking

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 03, 2010, 02:12:40 AM »
Depends. Do you want actual magical power available to you in emergencies, or a few holdout items? The second you'll have less uses of, but they'll also be something like twice as powerful.

Tbora

« Reply #41 on: June 03, 2010, 02:23:39 AM »
Well the whole character concept is about a character who while not strong on his own in terms of battle magic (evocation) is supremely capable of laying out the smack down equal to any Wizard strength character with his tools.That said if channeling is simply more practical then I would willingly submit myself to it.

Offline Deadmanwalking

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 03, 2010, 02:26:59 AM »
They're about equally practical, so considering that concept, I'd go with the potions.

Tbora

« Reply #43 on: June 03, 2010, 02:29:03 AM »
Potions it is then, again thanks.

Offline Deadmanwalking

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 03, 2010, 02:33:09 AM »
No problem, I'm happy to help.  :)