Author Topic: Compiling City Aspect  (Read 1986 times)

Offline Leatherneck

• Participant
    • View Profile
Compiling City Aspect
« on: May 05, 2010, 08:06:11 PM »
Is the City and Location aspects there for flavor and window dressing, or do they serve a rules mechanical purpose?  Can they be compelled?  If so, to what result?

Offline arentol

• Participant
    • View Profile
Re: Compiling City Aspect
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2010, 08:14:40 PM »
City aspects can be compelled or used for declarations just like any other aspect, as long as you are in the city. Same thing with locations if you are in them.

For instance, lets say you have an aspect like "Urban decay is running rampant" for the city. A PC is chasing and NPC down a street, and the NPC turns to run down an alley. The PC could declare "The alley he ran down is blocked by debris from the partially collapsed abandoned building that is next to the alley.", thus giving him a chance to catch up to the NPC who is now backed into a corner.

Offline Deadmanwalking

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2010, 08:22:45 PM »
But likewise, if the PC is looking for something "Urban decay is running rampant" might be compelled to make them unable to find the guy for all the trash piled up.

Offline Leatherneck

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2010, 06:39:44 PM »
If I have a situation where I compel corruption part of the city aspect “Corruption and Decadence”  to limit the groups actions, who gets that Fate Point.  Everyone?  Which is fine by me.

Offline Deadmanwalking

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2010, 06:41:09 PM »
Yeah, if everyone is inconvenienced and/or has their options limited, everyone gets a Fate Point.

Offline John Anderson

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2010, 08:51:52 AM »
The London that I'll be setting my upcoming game in, has the aspect "wrong place, wrong time", that's tied to the theme of growing violence and social tension. This will be a goldmine to get the PCs involved in stuff.
John