Author Topic: Might: Wrestler Stunt  (Read 1473 times)

Offline Nudge

• Participant
    • View Profile
Might: Wrestler Stunt
« on: April 22, 2010, 04:55:42 PM »
Stunt: "Hand-to-hand combat maneuvers to switch from Fists to Might are made at +2"

The Wresting Trapping says that "you can switch from Fists to Might as the primary combat skill by executing...a wrestling move...See the grappling section"

Grapple says (summarized):
* To establish, you need to tag or invoke an aspect that would justify it.
* To establish, make a Might check
* To maintain, make a Might check (with options to get some nifty actions as supplemental)

So...where would the +2 from the stunt apply?  To the initial maneuver to get the stunt? (which is likely NOT a Might check)  To the initial establishment of the grapple? (in which case the wording is confusing)  To every Might check involved? (in which case it's overpowered)

Offline iago

• The Merlin
  • Posty McPostington
  • I'm the site administrator.
    • View Profile
    • Deadly Fredly
Re: Might: Wrestler Stunt
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2010, 04:59:08 PM »
Hmmmm. I think this stunt got mucked with when we did a late revision to the grappling rules. Let me look at it in the text and contemplate a quick revision.
Fred Hicks
I own the board. If I start talking in my moderator voice, expect the Fist of God to be close on my heels. Red is my Fist of God voice.
www.evilhat.com * www.dresdenfilesrpg.com
Support this site: http://www.jim-butcher.com/store/

Offline iago

• The Merlin
  • Posty McPostington
  • I'm the site administrator.
    • View Profile
    • Deadly Fredly
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2010, 05:06:01 PM »
Okay, the original wording is crap under the new rules (it used to be a roll rather than a tag/invoke). So I think this should be more about being effective with your holds, being able to hold them longer. A grapple counts as an attack-oriented action IMO (since a maintained grapple = the ability to inflict stress), so a +1 is appropriate here rather than a +2. My reword, then, is:

Wrestler: When maintaining a grapple (page 211), gain a +1 to your Might.
Fred Hicks
I own the board. If I start talking in my moderator voice, expect the Fist of God to be close on my heels. Red is my Fist of God voice.
www.evilhat.com * www.dresdenfilesrpg.com
Support this site: http://www.jim-butcher.com/store/

Offline Nudge

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2010, 05:35:39 PM »
Awesome, thanks.

BTW, I love the pre-release PDF.  I get the game sooner, and when I get the deadtree version it will be even more polished!