Author Topic: Building the staff of Merlin  (Read 2427 times)

Offline Vash the white

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Building the staff of Merlin
« on: April 16, 2010, 02:16:08 AM »
So i was considering building a staff of merlin. it has to pretty awsome cause, come on its merlins staff. i was thinking, since this character is mainly thaumaturgical, i might make it give benifits to one of those and since its proabably going to take up both focus item slots( i dont know why but i know a guy who made a staff that took up both slots) ill see if i can squeeze it to give a benfit to my evocation. but i was thinking if i CAN get that sweet and can still give it powers, what powers you guys think it should have? if any?
"THIS WORLD IS MADE OF! LOVE AND PEACE!LOVE AND PEACE!"

Offline Moriden

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: Building the staff of Merlin
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2010, 02:20:31 AM »
theirs some interesting theory's floating around that the black-staff is the staff of Merlin. also known as the Odins spear or the staff of life and death.

Brian Blacknight
Brian Blacknight

Offline Vash the white

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2010, 02:26:21 AM »
yep i knew that. buut, i hasnt read turn coat yet, and i was considering making this character a blackstaff in training,(even though i find it very likely that harry is going to be the next, but hey my gm said his chacter was trained by harry, so to hell with likely hood! ;)) so maybe instead of having a blackstaff like ebaneezer, i could have a black wand or the like. and i only put staff of merlin cause i dont know of any other wizards that are bad azz to name my staff after, well i cant think of any right now, i proab could. i hope i didnt come off as rude just now if i did i appologize
« Last Edit: April 16, 2010, 02:31:15 AM by Kincaid »

Offline luminos

• Posty McPostington
  • Um... Hello?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2010, 02:31:34 AM »
Try staff of Paracelsus.  Give it all kinds of bonus's towards crafting and transformation magic.
Lawful Chaotic

Offline Moriden

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2010, 02:33:50 AM »
Simon Magus, Ebekanezer [ the biblical one], Soloman, Nikola Tesla, Khufu, Aleister Crowley, Hermes Trimegistus, Faustus, Nicolas Flamel, St Germain, or just makeing one up from the dark ages.

personally id go with soloman, arguably as powerful as Merlin and with the more judeo-christian slant you could possibly incorporate something like soulfire into it.

also read changes.
(click to show/hide)

Brian Blacknight
Brian Blacknight

Offline Vash the white

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2010, 02:43:21 AM »
thanks dudes ;D, i going to go make this thing, and right got three books to read this weekend, sounds good

Offline Vash the white

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2010, 02:52:58 AM »
wait a second, you said transformation magic, wasnt aware it existed except for the were forms

Offline luminos

• Posty McPostington
  • Um... Hello?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2010, 02:54:24 AM »
Oh, I was just being generic, I have no idea what it would mean for spell effects.
Lawful Chaotic

Offline Vash the white

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2010, 02:59:35 AM »
oh, what ever, it sounds pretty bamf, but solomon sounds pretty awsome. ill mull it over to night, thanks again ;D