Linked Events

• Jim signs in Kansas City, MO: April 12, 2010

Author Topic: April 12: Changes signing in Kansas City, MO  (Read 58377 times)

Offline laura118b

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: April 12: Changes signing in Kansas City, MO
« Reply #105 on: April 07, 2010, 06:19:34 PM »
....I have a feeling I'm going to be on the young end of this crowd, perhaps.

Nah, I'm only 34 if it makes you feel better.

Offline Knight Disciple

• Conversationalist
  • Hope Burns Bright!
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 07, 2010, 06:25:00 PM »
Nah, I'm only 34 if it makes you feel better.
>.>

....Only slightly.

*Mumbles something about being 25*
In fearful day, in raging night, with strong hearts full, our souls ignite! When all seems lost in the War of Light, look to the stars, for hope burns bright!

Offline Wizard H

• Posty McPostington
  • A.K.A. Wizard H
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 07, 2010, 07:29:49 PM »
>.>

....Only slightly.

*Mumbles something about being 25*
S'okay I'm 26.  But just think by the time the series is done we'll be 37-40 depending on how long the BAT takes. :D
It's like Harry Potter got drunk and lost his virginity to the Ghostbusters.-Denarian XD
DV Wizard H V1.2 YR10 FR4 BK+++ RP++ JB++ TH++ WG+++ CL+++ SW+ BC++ MC++++ SH[Murphy+++++,Molly++,Lara+,Mab--,Maeve---] TT! MS++ MsD-- FF+++

Offline Bludrose

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 07, 2010, 08:02:53 PM »
I'll be wearing my new SplatterCon!!! t-shirt, got it just in time for the signing!

BTW - Jason's Deli is within walking distance to Borders so that's a great place to meet.

Offline Soulless Mystic5523

• Posty McPostington
  • Icon lovingly crafted by ButMadNNW
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: April 07, 2010, 08:09:17 PM »
Nothing to worry about being young, just means you can run rings around the old fogey's like Themo.

>.>
<.<

« Last Edit: April 07, 2010, 08:15:35 PM by Soulless Mystic5523 »
WHAT CAN THE HARVEST HOPE FOR, IF NOT FOR THE CARE OF THE REAPER MAN.

Death    Reaper Man   Terry Pratchett

DV SoullessMystic5523 V1.2 YR7 FR5 BK++ RP+++ JB++ TH++ WG CL++ SW+ BC+ MC---- SH[Murphy++, Molly+]

Offline Knight Disciple

• Conversationalist
  • Hope Burns Bright!
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 07, 2010, 10:03:37 PM »
S'okay I'm 26.  But just think by the time the series is done we'll be 37-40 depending on how long the BAT takes. :D
It's weird, huh. And that does make me feel better.
In fearful day, in raging night, with strong hearts full, our souls ignite! When all seems lost in the War of Light, look to the stars, for hope burns bright!

Aine

« Reply #111 on: April 08, 2010, 12:16:25 AM »
Nothing to worry about being young, just means you can run rings around the old fogey's like Themo.

>.>
<.<

*'brows*

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: April 08, 2010, 12:30:47 AM »
Hey, at least I was nice and stuck with Themo out of everyone else I could have named. ;D

DV SoullessMystic5523 V1.2 YR7 FR5 BK++ RP+++ JB++ TH++ WG CL++ SW+ BC+ MC---- SH[Murphy++, Molly+]

Offline Hida Man

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: April 08, 2010, 03:00:28 AM »
As someone who works at this Borders, and has been petitioning and pushing for this signing for over a year, I'm ridiculously excited that this is finally going down!  I'm working on what's usually my day off, just so I can help run the event!  I can't wait to see how many people show up, we've been getting calls from people driving and flying in from all over the place, this is going to be huge.  Apparently, they'll be handing out wristbands starting as soon as we open, just like we do with the big book releases.  I found out today that I get to be the "pusher," which means I'm the guy at the front of the line, prepping the books and finding out how everyone wants their books signed/personalized and handing them to our favorite author for the signing.  I'm hoping I don't fanboy out too much, being the person who'll be most closely interacting with him, heh.

Speaking of signing, I'm wondering if it's cool to have him sign my advanced reader copy of Turn Coat?  Unlike everything else I have just in mass market paperback, the advanced reader's unique, so I thought it'd be cool to have that signed, but since it's something that was a free copy of it, I didn't know if that'd be frowned upon?  If that's frowned upon, I'll have to break my pattern and pick up a copy of Changes.  (But I like having everything the same, and having one hard cover and all the rest paperback just messes with me, heh.)

Anyway, I don't know anything about a Q&A session.  I've heard that the plan is for him to do a reading first, and then a signing, beyond that I'm not sure what he'll be up for or planning on.  If there are any plans for afterward, I'd love to know!  I get off at 9, which is probably around the time everything with the event itself will be wrapping up, and my wife already knows I'm going to be doing stuff for this, so I'll be free to partake if I'm welcome (since I'm not exactly a regular in this scene or anything, don't want to go inviting myself along, heh.)

Offline Knight Disciple

• Conversationalist
  • Hope Burns Bright!
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: April 08, 2010, 03:02:54 AM »
What purpose will the wrist bands serve? I'm guessing he'll sign only 1 book?

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 08, 2010, 03:05:36 AM »
Usually for Jim, a "reading" turns into a Q&A. I don't think I've ever heard him actually read his books. And we're a friendly group, you're welcome along to what ever we end up doing, but I don't know if we know what that is yet. ;)

Offline Hida Man

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: April 08, 2010, 03:16:42 AM »
I haven't heard if there's a limit to how much he'll sign, but the wristbands will determine your place in line for how soon you'll get signed.  I wouldn't be surprised, though, if they kept you to just one item signed, as much feedback as we've had for this event.  Today we got a call from someone from Tulsa, OK checking to make sure we had copies of Changes left because their local store was already sold out.  Luckily, they sent us lots and lots of copies to get us ready for Monday, so in case people are planning on picking it up there, we should have plenty, and they should still be pretty well discounted since it was our featured new release for the week.

Also, I'll definitely be looking forward to grabbing food or whatever goes down after the signing.  ^_^

Offline Knight Disciple

• Conversationalist
  • Hope Burns Bright!
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: April 08, 2010, 03:25:18 AM »
Hm.

Can 1 person pick up only 1 armband, or can they pick up more? Say, could I procure one for myself, and two for my two friends planning on attending? Or is that outside of kosher.

Offline Hida Man

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: April 08, 2010, 03:33:49 AM »
I'm not entirely sure about the protocol on that one.  That's something you'd want to call and ask a manager about to be certain.

Offline laura118b

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: April 08, 2010, 10:04:51 PM »
Well to me being in the front of the line isn't as important.  The SmFv signing I went to I hung back until the end and got more time to talk to him than if there had been a big line behind me.

BTW, good job Hida Man :D