Linked Events

• Signing: Independence, MO: May 16, 2009

Author Topic: Signing: Independence, MO on May 16th  (Read 33894 times)

Offline jeniferj

• Lurker
    • View Profile
Re: Signing: Independence, MO on May 16th
« Reply #75 on: May 17, 2009, 03:09:03 PM »
We didn't get to the bookstore to a little after 6:00 due to pizza place snafu, but the bookstore owner was there.  I'm very sad we missed you, but very glad you found your way to the forum. 

I see on your facebook you met a great group of Dresden fans, you should have brought them over to sit with us, too!  ;)

(We'll have to put up a pic of our round-table co-opting of the signing area, btw.  Hehehe.) 

Thanks!  We wandered around the store for a bit.  I hate to be a weenie, but one of the reasons we didn't stay is because the store was really musty.  I was concerned about my asthma/allergies in a prolonged stay.  I'm sad we didn't get to hang out with everyone, though!

Offline Galadriel

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 17, 2009, 06:00:26 PM »
Hi All!

This is Jen from "Jen and Jon."  I was in Independence today and met several forum members (sorry, I'm horrible at names).  Just wanted to give you all access to the pictures I took today.  You can find them here (http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=113793&id=629382563&l=6f2a257283). 

Thanks so much for including Jon, Tony, and I in your group today.  We had such a great time meeting you all (and meeting Jim and Shannon, of course!).  We did try to catch you at the bookstore at 6:00!  Hope you all had a good time and everyone gets home safely!

Jim and Shannon -- you were so gracious and patient today!  It was so good to meet you.  Thanks for sharing your time with us.  I hope next time we get the chance to hear you speak. 

Jen

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=113793&id=629382563&l=6f2a257283

Thanks for sharing those pics, Jen. I even caught a glimpse of myself in one of them. :D
I amar prestar aen. Han mathon ne nen. Han mathon ne chae. A han noston ne 'wilith. - Galadriel

'The world is changed; I can feel it in the water, I can feel it in the earth, I can smell it in the air.'

Offline Frogge

• Posty McPostington
  • Thankful for all my years with Bob! RIP mdodd.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 17, 2009, 06:30:26 PM »
Thanks for sharing those pics, Jen. I even caught a glimpse of myself in one of them. :D

Galadriel - which picture?  I'd like to know so I can file the mental image and recognize you at a future signing.  Are you in the KC metro area? Or did you come from further away?

"When the going gets Weird, the Weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson

Offline Galadriel

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 17, 2009, 06:34:14 PM »
I live in Independence. It's a pic of the line, number 32. I'm the third from the right. With the hat. :)

It was really awesome to be there. (I admit my brain went blank when I got to the table, but it was great!)
I amar prestar aen. Han mathon ne nen. Han mathon ne chae. A han noston ne 'wilith. - Galadriel

'The world is changed; I can feel it in the water, I can feel it in the earth, I can smell it in the air.'

Offline Frogge

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 17, 2009, 06:47:02 PM »
Thanks.  I can't see all of your face, but it's always interesting to meet fellow fans.  I also live in Independence.  Maybe we'll see each other at a future signing.

Offline Galadriel

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 17, 2009, 06:57:30 PM »
Yeah, I didn't know someone was going to post the pics up, or I'd have at least looked and smiled for the cam. LOL

I'd love to do it again that's for sure and meet some of you guys. :)

Offline Frogge

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 17, 2009, 07:04:16 PM »
Watch for the new thread when the date and location of the next local signing is posted by Priscellie.
There are usually several every year in the KC metro area. 

Offline BookLover♥

• Posty McPostington
  • Pass-Set-Crush!
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 18, 2009, 03:24:21 AM »
Thanks!  We wandered around the store for a bit.  I hate to be a weenie, but one of the reasons we didn't stay is because the store was really musty.  I was concerned about my asthma/allergies in a prolonged stay.  I'm sad we didn't get to hang out with everyone, though!

It's understandable, but so unfortunate you couldn't stay.  You'll have to keep track of future events, as Frogge mentioned!

Sorry we didn't get a chance to talk to you, Galadriel!

Offline Frogge

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 18, 2009, 06:22:07 AM »
So all the sojourners are home safely from the signing.

"So when where shall we three howevermany meet again?" ...

Offline RobJustice

• Participant
  • Exodus 22:18 - "Suffer not a witch to live"
    • View Profile
    • Bear Swarm!
« Reply #84 on: May 18, 2009, 01:20:32 PM »
I know I don't post much, but I figured I'd drop in a little plug. On our next podcast we have a little audio clip of Jim that we acquired at this signing. That episode is all about the Dresden Files and we'll have a contest to win an autographed copy of Welcome to the Jungle. Its Dresden-tastic.

Anyway, that episode released next Monday but for this week we cooked up a little teaser trailer to hint at some of the goodness next week:

http://www.bearswarm.com/episode-58-teaser

By the way, the signing was awesome. :D

Offline BookLover♥

• Posty McPostington
  • Pass-Set-Crush!
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 18, 2009, 01:44:55 PM »
*waves to Rob*

I think I might have caught a bit of your audio... were you playing it for someone in the parking lot?

Offline RobJustice

• Participant
  • Exodus 22:18 - "Suffer not a witch to live"
    • View Profile
    • Bear Swarm!
« Reply #86 on: May 18, 2009, 01:49:56 PM »
Yeah, I had a friend who refused to take the trip up so I called him to rub it in his face. What a great friend I am. Haha :D

Offline Priscellie

• Timeline Chick and Industrious Little Gnome
  • The Gatekeeper
  • Seriously?
  • Icon by Daoine! <3
    • View Profile
    • Priscellie.com
« Reply #87 on: May 18, 2009, 01:59:24 PM »
I know I don't post much, but I figured I'd drop in a little plug. On our next podcast we have a little audio clip of Jim that we acquired at this signing. That episode is all about the Dresden Files and we'll have a contest to win an autographed copy of Welcome to the Jungle. Its Dresden-tastic.

Anyway, that episode released next Monday but for this week we cooked up a little teaser trailer to hint at some of the goodness next week:

http://www.bearswarm.com/episode-58-teaser

By the way, the signing was awesome. :D

OOH.  So do you have audio of the fans' heads exploding?  I want to hear the gasp!

Offline Shecky

• Bartender
  • O. M. G.
  • Feh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 18, 2009, 02:02:10 PM »
OOH.  So do you have audio of the fans' heads exploding?  I want to hear the gasp!

'Splodeyheads FTW!
Official forum rules and precepts; please read: http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,23096.0.html

Quote from: Stanton Infeld
Well, if you couldn't do that with your bulls***, Leonard, I suspect the lad's impervious.

Offline BookLover♥

• Posty McPostington
  • Pass-Set-Crush!
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 18, 2009, 02:06:27 PM »
Yeah, I had a friend who refused to take the trip up so I called him to rub it in his face. What a great friend I am. Haha :D

Well if he really could have come and he refused, then he deserves it, at least a bit!

Too bad you didn't learn about the dinner gathering, or you would have had even more to rub in his face.

When did you get the recording, BTW?  Was it just when you went up in line?