Linked Events

• Signing: Independence, MO: May 16, 2009

Author Topic: Signing: Independence, MO on May 16th  (Read 33890 times)

Offline Shecky

• Bartender
  • O. M. G.
  • Feh.
    • View Profile
Re: Signing: Independence, MO on May 16th
« Reply #60 on: May 14, 2009, 03:06:28 PM »
Easy!  He drives a DeLorean. :D

Oh. Just hit 88 and everything is taken care of.
Official forum rules and precepts; please read: http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,23096.0.html

Quote from: Stanton Infeld
Well, if you couldn't do that with your bulls***, Leonard, I suspect the lad's impervious.

Offline Ender4978

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 14, 2009, 03:30:27 PM »
Hah, someone else on the planet says holy cats, I feel accepted already, haha.

I've just mapquested my way there and back and Mapquest tells me 3:39 but it's going to be a slight bit less than that as the speed limit itself is 70 so travelling the 194 miles of I-70 at about seventy-five to eighty would run me two and a bit more, add on some change for the on and offs it's looking like around three hours, not a bad drive.

I'm not sure what I'm wearing, I would so love to mock up some dresden gear for the trip, a nice six-foot duster, maybe a water pistol and a staff, some rings would be cool, but due to time shortage I wouldn't be able to give it the love it deserves so I'll stick with street clothes this time around. Next time though, oh yes, there will be an outfit.  ;)

You reading this Jim? That means you HAVE to write another one so I can play dress up.  :P
For there is right, there is easy, there is wrong, there is hard, there is fun, there is bad, there is boring and there is good. But sometimes you get some grey fuzzy places like justifiable and well meaning. And on the far end of the bell curve there just 'is'. I am an 'is'. I am what I am.

Offline Murphy's Stunt Double

• Needs A Life
  • Tiny... but fierce!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 14, 2009, 04:05:12 PM »
OH, trust me. He will write more. He WILL write more... if we have to raise him from the dead, HE WILL WRITE MORE!!!!

Please, Jim? :D
If you are up to no good, please do no good for me too, okay?   ;D

Offline Ender4978

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 16, 2009, 01:17:58 PM »
I'm off to see the Wizard, the wonderful Wizard of ... Wizards? Dres? Masochism? I'll figure it out on my way. See you all soon!
For there is right, there is easy, there is wrong, there is hard, there is fun, there is bad, there is boring and there is good. But sometimes you get some grey fuzzy places like justifiable and well meaning. And on the far end of the bell curve there just 'is'. I am an 'is'. I am what I am.

• Needs A Life
  • Tiny... but fierce!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 16, 2009, 07:58:09 PM »
Oh my freaking god! You people are AWESOME!!!!

I called to chat with Seth and the gang at the signing and they PUT ME ON THE PHONE WITH JIM!!!!!!

Offline Priscellie

• Timeline Chick and Industrious Little Gnome
  • The Gatekeeper
  • Seriously?
  • Icon by Daoine! <3
    • View Profile
    • Priscellie.com
« Reply #65 on: May 16, 2009, 08:45:58 PM »
WOOHOO!  Can't wait to hear about all the hijinks.  Have a great time at the party!

Offline Shecky

• Bartender
  • O. M. G.
  • Feh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 16, 2009, 11:08:31 PM »
WOOHOO!  Can't wait to hear about all the hijinks.  Have a great time at the party!

There are already pics up. That pic and quote of EBG? WANT.
Official forum rules and precepts; please read: http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,23096.0.html

Quote from: Stanton Infeld
Well, if you couldn't do that with your bulls***, Leonard, I suspect the lad's impervious.

Offline Galadriel

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 17, 2009, 12:26:47 AM »
I was there today, and since my return home, I've felt compelled to come here and say thank you to Jim and Shannon, for being so nice. I wasn't going to miss this for the world. You've both made this elf happy.
I amar prestar aen. Han mathon ne nen. Han mathon ne chae. A han noston ne 'wilith. - Galadriel

'The world is changed; I can feel it in the water, I can feel it in the earth, I can smell it in the air.'

Offline jeniferj

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 17, 2009, 03:53:46 AM »
Hi All!

This is Jen from "Jen and Jon."  I was in Independence today and met several forum members (sorry, I'm horrible at names).  Just wanted to give you all access to the pictures I took today.  You can find them here (http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=113793&id=629382563&l=6f2a257283). 

Thanks so much for including Jon, Tony, and I in your group today.  We had such a great time meeting you all (and meeting Jim and Shannon, of course!).  We did try to catch you at the bookstore at 6:00!  Hope you all had a good time and everyone gets home safely!

Jim and Shannon -- you were so gracious and patient today!  It was so good to meet you.  Thanks for sharing your time with us.  I hope next time we get the chance to hear you speak. 

Jen

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=113793&id=629382563&l=6f2a257283

Offline BookLover♥

• Posty McPostington
  • Pass-Set-Crush!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 17, 2009, 05:51:47 AM »
You came by the bookstore??  :-[  Did you go in and ask the lady about the party?

I can't believe we we missed you!!

Offline Frogge

• Posty McPostington
  • Thankful for all my years with Bob! RIP mdodd.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 17, 2009, 06:16:29 AM »
jeniferj -  So sorry we missed you at Blue & Grey. 

Thank you immensely for sharing your photos with us.  Hope we'll see more of you.  Haven't gone through my pics yet, but will let you know when I do.  I think I got at least one shot of you & Jon & Tony. 
"When the going gets Weird, the Weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson

• Needs A Life
  • Tiny... but fierce!
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 17, 2009, 06:18:37 AM »
*Snuggles Bert*

How are you doing, Ladybug?

Offline Frogge

• Posty McPostington
  • Thankful for all my years with Bob! RIP mdodd.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 17, 2009, 07:04:19 AM »
*Snuggles Bert*

How are you doing, Ladybug?

Don't really know.  Can't say at the moment.  Scrambled?
"When the going gets Weird, the Weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson

Aine

« Reply #73 on: May 17, 2009, 11:33:01 AM »
Hi All!

This is Jen from "Jen and Jon."  I was in Independence today and met several forum members (sorry, I'm horrible at names).  Just wanted to give you all access to the pictures I took today.  You can find them here (http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=113793&id=629382563&l=6f2a257283). 

Thanks so much for including Jon, Tony, and I in your group today.  We had such a great time meeting you all (and meeting Jim and Shannon, of course!).  We did try to catch you at the bookstore at 6:00!  Hope you all had a good time and everyone gets home safely!

Jim and Shannon -- you were so gracious and patient today!  It was so good to meet you.  Thanks for sharing your time with us.  I hope next time we get the chance to hear you speak. 

Jen

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=113793&id=629382563&l=6f2a257283

We didn't get to the bookstore to a little after 6:00 due to pizza place snafu, but the bookstore owner was there.  I'm very sad we missed you, but very glad you found your way to the forum. 

I see on your facebook you met a great group of Dresden fans, you should have brought them over to sit with us, too!  ;)

(We'll have to put up a pic of our round-table co-opting of the signing area, btw.  Hehehe.) 

Offline Blaze

• Cloak maker to Wizards.
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 17, 2009, 01:04:54 PM »
Great Pix.  Now I need to figure out who is who!
Chi pò, non vò; chi vò, non pò; chi sà, non fà; chi fà, non sà; e così, male il mondo va.