Linked Events

• Signing: Independence, MO: May 16, 2009

Author Topic: Signing: Independence, MO on May 16th  (Read 34209 times)

Offline Sir Crash

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Site
Re: Signing: Independence, MO on May 16th
« Reply #45 on: May 11, 2009, 12:32:16 AM »
Oh!  Ok, that makes more sense.  I think.   ;D

Gah!.... I am making sense... gotta get that fixed as soon as possible....  ;D
Knighted Servant of Milady WickedSnuggleFaerie, Queen of Hellfire

God of Suicidal Devotion, Archaic Chivalry, and Brain Dead Taco Bell Dogs

Aine

« Reply #46 on: May 11, 2009, 01:48:47 AM »
Don't let'em worry you bud... you will only get into as much trouble as you can handle... we will not let the newbie get arrested on his first outing... we want you to come back...  ;D

I mean, we'll do our best...but bringing bail money is advised.  :D

Offline Sir Crash

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Site
« Reply #47 on: May 11, 2009, 01:52:00 AM »
I mean, we'll do our best...but bringing bail money is advised.  :D

I know I am bringing bail money.... but I know me well enough to worry bout stuff like that...  ;D

Offline Frogge

• Posty McPostington
  • Thankful for all my years with Bob! RIP mdodd.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 11, 2009, 03:41:11 AM »
I don't anticipate anybody needing bail money because of activities at my place.  What you choose to do elsewhere is not my problem.  LOL

We can have plenty of fun without breaking any laws. *wink, wink*

"When the going gets Weird, the Weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson

Offline Sir Crash

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Site
« Reply #49 on: May 11, 2009, 03:51:21 AM »
I don't anticipate anybody needing bail money because of activities at my place.  What you choose to do elsewhere is not my problem.  LOL

We can have plenty of fun without breaking any laws. *wink, wink*

Rest assured Milady Bert... I would never abuse your hospitality by bringing the law into your home... but you and I both know the type of crazies, myself included, that are coming out for this... I feel it best to have the cash on hand so I have a chance to talk our way outta whatever trouble us crazies do find... Boy Scout motto: Be Prepared  ;D :D

Aine

« Reply #50 on: May 11, 2009, 08:07:38 PM »
So, I was thinking for the signing, I could get some name tags (Hi!  I'm...) and then print our forum names and avatars on them, even do little green boxes and post counts to be extra silly.  Then maybe people will ask about them at the signing and we can recruit people to our cult...forum.

Too cool or too geeky?

Offline Shecky

• Bartender
  • O. M. G.
  • Feh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 11, 2009, 08:14:32 PM »
So, I was thinking for the signing, I could get some name tags (Hi!  I'm...) and then print our forum names and avatars on them, even do little green boxes and post counts to be extra silly.  Then maybe people will ask about them at the signing and we can recruit people to our cult...forum.

Too cool or too geeky?

Who said the two are mutually exclusive? WAVE your geek flag!
Official forum rules and precepts; please read: http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,23096.0.html

Quote from: Stanton Infeld
Well, if you couldn't do that with your bulls***, Leonard, I suspect the lad's impervious.

Offline BookLover♥

• Posty McPostington
  • Pass-Set-Crush!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 12, 2009, 12:50:41 AM »
I agree with Shecky - embrace the geekness that is us!!    8)

After we went to the Lexington signing, one of my coworkers commented, "I am not ashamed to admit, I was in geek heaven."  Another started calling us the Nerds of the Roundtable.

<.<

>.>

ur rite, akshully  ;D

Offline Shecky

• Bartender
  • O. M. G.
  • Feh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 12, 2009, 02:03:34 AM »
Heh. I think one of the reasons I don't hesitate to be geeky in public is because when I was growing up, I was a geek AND a jock. Meant that I couldn't get successfully picked on like most of the geeks I saw. :D
Official forum rules and precepts; please read: http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,23096.0.html

Well, if you couldn't do that with your bulls***, Leonard, I suspect the lad's impervious.

Offline Frogge

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 12, 2009, 02:38:42 AM »
Good Evening, my fellow geeks!

Time for the countdown:  3 days plus 3 hours until I meet A'ine at the airport!  Yayyy!
                                   3.5 days (approximately) until 'Michael' arrives in Independence.
                                   _______ until Booklover and friend (name?) arrive in Independence.
                                   Themostocles already lives nearby.
                                   Soulless Mystic already lives almost nearby & will attend party.
                                   DrygonDM already lives nearby.

I think your name tag idea sounds like a lot of fun, A'ine.  Go for it!

Sorry you can't join us Shecky.  Maybe some other time.

Offline Shecky

• Bartender
  • O. M. G.
  • Feh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 12, 2009, 01:19:36 PM »
Hey, I'd like to make a recommendation to the folks getting together for Jim's signing there in Independence. I THINK you can get this there: if you can find it, I'd strongly suggest picking up some "Riverboat Red" wine. It's made by a winery ("Les Bourgeois") near Columbia, MO, and it's a sweet red. Normally, I loathe sweet wines. And the idea of a sweet RED is damn near anathema. But this... this is Kool-Aid for adults.

That is all. :D

Offline Ender4978

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 14, 2009, 12:58:18 PM »
I have a feeling that this signing is going to be epic, yay for two and a half hour drives solo from Saint Louis.
By the way, I'm Ender, also new here just solely because of the signing. Is it too late to sign up for the post-party entertainment. I can promise that if anything get's lit on fire, it's not my fault or if it was that I will make sure someone pays for it.  ;D

I can't wait to see Jim! First signings with an author always get me a little dopey; if you see and eighteen year old wandering around like he's crazy, that'll be me.
For there is right, there is easy, there is wrong, there is hard, there is fun, there is bad, there is boring and there is good. But sometimes you get some grey fuzzy places like justifiable and well meaning. And on the far end of the bell curve there just 'is'. I am an 'is'. I am what I am.

Offline Frogge

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 14, 2009, 01:11:06 PM »
Hello, Ender!  Welcome! 

No, it isn't too late to join the party! I'm wondering what you're driving, though that can make it from St. L to KC in two & a half hours.  Last I checked, it's still about 250 miles between.  A  little less if you count from the west side of St.L to Independence.  Drive safely, we want you to be intact when you arrive!

Look for me at the signing wearing my green glitter shanrock antennae.  I'll give you the particulars there. 

Bert

Offline Shecky

• Bartender
  • O. M. G.
  • Feh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 14, 2009, 02:44:36 PM »
250 miles in 2.5 hours = 100 MPH. Holy cats! I've been on I-70, and you're doing well to maintain 70 MPH. Call it 3.5 hours.

Offline Priscellie

• Timeline Chick and Industrious Little Gnome
  • The Gatekeeper
  • Seriously?
  • Icon by Daoine! <3
    • View Profile
    • Priscellie.com
« Reply #59 on: May 14, 2009, 03:04:42 PM »
Easy!  He drives a DeLorean. :D